PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 04-15-2022, 07:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Help finding a model of a Mecha

Hello, I am new both to this forum and forums in general, so if I make any foux-pas here, please forgive me... Also, if there is a better place to post this thread, let me know and I will do so and delete this one (If I can...)

I know this is a bit of a long shot, but does anyone by chance recognize these templates? I downloaded them off of (I think) papercraftsquare years ago, but have since lost the master pdf file along with literally every other model pdf and pdo that I had collected at the time... (I don't know if uploading the scans will break the posting rules, but I can if I get the go ahead...)

I think the first two are the same model, just different paint schemes of the same mech, but I have no idea what the one with the treads is or what it's from.

If anyone does happen to recognize these templates, could you point me in the right direction for obtaining another copy of the master pdf? I'm currently slogging through papercraftsquare via the Wayback Machine on The Internet Archive, hoping that I might stumble across them again.

If no one recognizes them, does anyone have any recommendations for similar, small, highly customizable/modular mecha? I am aware of the ones made by (I think) Morten Jensen here on the PaperWar website.

I'm currently asking r/wargaming and r/papercraft the same question.
Google Adsense
Old 04-16-2022, 07:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Actually, Papercraftsquare illegally posted many models, but they generally used the designers' photos/images of the models. Going to Post Reply, not quick reply, you can probably post the photos of what you are looking for, using Attachment (the paperclip). Maybe someone will recognize them and point you in the right direction to finding legitimate copies
Old 04-17-2022, 06:20 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
I don't know what 'mech you're referring to, but most Classic Battletech, MC2, MW3, MW4 kits can be found here: Battletech & Mechwarrior Paper Models You will have to download Pepakura viewer to open most of the files. Happy hunting.
Old 04-19-2022, 11:36 AM

Sorry for the delay in replying, but life got in the way as usual...
here are the scans of the models in question:
The two on the left (if this preview is anything like it think it will be) are the ones that are part of the same mech, just different color schemes, and the one on the right is the one I cant make heads or tails of without building it. I think it would be some sort of treaded, tank-like mech.
Honesly, I don't know when I'll be able to get around to building them...
Attached Thumbnails
Help finding a model of a Mecha-scan_0002.jpg   Help finding a model of a Mecha-scan_0003.jpg   Help finding a model of a Mecha-scan_0001.jpg  

Last edited by Wing0mega; 04-19-2022 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-19-2022, 02:50 PM

They look like they could be J Bowen's. I didn't download them when they were available, so I am not sure.

But the scans sure remind me of his work
Google Adsense
Old 04-21-2022, 01:09 AM

I believe that is EXACTLY what they are! Right after I read your reply Vermin_King, I found this!

Do you know if they still have a functioning website at all? A quick google search doesn't reveal much more than some stylistic character papertoys...

The papercrafting scene seems to be declining...
Attached Thumbnails
Help finding a model of a Mecha-lots-sci-fi-robot-miniature-papercrafts.jpg  
Old 04-21-2022, 08:11 AM

I definitely do not believe that things are declining, but Real Life tends to pull people away. And some creative folks move to a different theme when their creations don't make them instant internet-heroes or millionaires. (I only have one of my designs that was 'for sale', and that was a cooperative project with someone wanted me to assist with). Jim had the Flip-It war game that was quite creative, then he started doing a mish-mash of Sci Fi models, then tried to do a dungeon crawl board game, then the items that drew your interest. Each time he set up a website for the project, a small expense, then at some point he didn't renew the website. And they were gone. It's a real shame.

I don't currently have time to go on a hunt for the old website addresses right now ... Real Life again. But if I had time, I would go through these blogs to find the websites, and see if they can be pulled up with Internet Archive.
PAPERMAU: Search results for bowen
Ninjatoes' papercraft weblog: Search results for bowen
Tektonten Papercraft: Search results for bowen

Those searches are somewhat incomplete, but they should give you a start
Old 09-21-2022, 04:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 59.27 MB
I just discovered this thread. Jiggens, one of our members, has all these models saved to Google Drive. See this thread: "unlimit3d" Wargame