PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 09-09-2022, 08:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I took a look at your personal site and I see you have a lot about Blender on it. I just bought a book about Blender 3 and one about Python 3. After I finish what I'm doing, the next thing I want to implement in my program, GNU 3DLDF, is a way of passing its output to Blender for rendering. 3DLDF can be used for making wire-frame objects but I haven't implemented surface hiding or rendering. I also don't believe in reinventing the wheel and there's already a Free program that can do this, namely Blender.

I'm just starting out with this but I'm looking forward to it.
Old 09-09-2022, 09:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 48.92 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to Dane
Laurence Finston, thank you very much for your explanation. However, could you like to put this explanation on a sheet of paper as a diagram?
I understand this could seem to you not very polite, but it is the best way to avoid mistakes and misunderstandings.
Old 09-09-2022, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane View Post
Laurence Finston, thank you very much for your explanation. However, could you like to put this explanation on a sheet of paper as a diagram?
I understand this could seem to you not very polite, but it is the best way to avoid mistakes and misunderstandings.
Don't worry, I think it's a perfectly reasonable request and also put very politely. It would be much easier to make examples with twine. I'm a good draftsman (if I say so myself), but drawing knots is a huge challenge. I'll make a couple and photograph them when I get a chance. I'll try to do it this evening.
Old 09-09-2022, 11:19 AM

Thanks a lot again. Don't be hurry, please, it is no urgent question.
Old 09-09-2022, 03:16 PM

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

I've also posted the photos here: Laurence Finston's Website. The quality of the images is somewhat better.
Attached Thumbnails
Help me please translate a sentence-knots01.jpg   Help me please translate a sentence-knots02.jpg   Help me please translate a sentence-knots03.jpg   Help me please translate a sentence-knots04.jpg   Help me please translate a sentence-knots05.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 09-15-2022, 03:40 PM

Laurence, thank you very much for your photos. I have no possibility to answer you in details now. Pardon me, I will send message to you later.
Thank you again.
Old 09-15-2022, 05:31 PM

You're very welcome.
Old 05-24-2023, 08:11 AM

Hello, gentlemen.
I am still alive and need your help again, please.
I continue to study and translate to Russian ABOK. The finish is soon, but there is "a big question on million dollars". On the picture number 3156 (page 521) placed a word of four letters. The first letter is "A". I think this is a "Arse" word, but I'm not sure because I can't to read this word to the end. I can't recognize the last two letters. Please, help me to find out this two letters and the whole word.
If this word is actually "Arse", why it indicate the top of a shell?
Thank you.
Old 05-24-2023, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane View Post
The first letter is "A". I think this is a "Arse" word, but I'm not sure because I can't to read this word to the end.
It is. If you look at the glossary, it defines "Arse" as "The hole in a block where the fall is rove." (p. 597). "Rove" is the past participle of "reeve" and "Reeve, To" and "Reeve Off, To" are also entries in the glossary.

I don't recall the use of this term in my brother's Cub Scout Guide for earning the knot-tying merit badge.

Incidentally, the other day I found a book called Knots, Splices & Fancy Work by Charles L. Spencer at a used book store. It was originally published in 1934 and my edition is a reprint from 1953. It was a little expensive but I couldn't resist buying it. It appears in Ashley's bibliography but I don't know if he refers to it in the text. I haven't had a chance to look at it thoroughly yet. It kind of smells, but not like the sea; more like decaying paper.
Old 05-24-2023, 10:07 AM

This is a very interesting thread, very informative...