PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 12-09-2022, 12:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
Your workshop all in a cigar box!

Many of you recognize the slogan from Micromodels kits sleeve. My idle mind today wondered how that would really look. Maybe an old index card box as a kit archive and of course the mentioned cigar box for tools and stuff. So I went on and staged it. All tools presented are old but perhaps not all 70 years old. Some are even older. What would you add, what to take away?

I could make a model with these, the basics have stayed pretty much the same over the years. I might change the cutting mat from cardboard to a modern one.

Tappi

PS Never posted to this section before. ;-) There's a first time for everything.
PS 2 No Micromodels kit was harmed with these tools. Yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Your workshop all in a cigar box!-1.jpg   Your workshop all in a cigar box!-2.jpg   Your workshop all in a cigar box!-3.jpg   Your workshop all in a cigar box!-4.jpg   Your workshop all in a cigar box!-5.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 12-09-2022, 03:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 99.03 MB
I used to have my toolkit in a cigar box back in the day although it was not as sophisticated as your outfit, Tappi. Would I have those days back? Erm... no.

The storage box far outshines my own, which consists of a small shoebox of the right width.

Cheers!
Old 12-10-2022, 04:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 134.16 MB
I use a plywood souvenir box for my modelling tools, given a coat of paint. It is just the right size for all the things I need (apart from the ruler) and has a little latch.
Old 12-10-2022, 10:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 517.40 MB
I've always used somekind of box to store my tools when not modeling. easy way to keep them in one place and to keep the desktop clean. When I found this cigar box all the tools I use most are stored there. Besides modern cutting mat I'm pretty addicted to a scapel using #11 sharp point blades. When the tip breaks or the blade gets dull I just take a fresh one.

One thing I should have added in the box is a ċiece of emery paper for sharpening the knives. Works with modern blades too but I'm too lazy for that. Fresh blade is luxury I can afford to keep the hobby enjoyable. ;-)

Tappi
Old 12-10-2022, 04:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
While traveling, I kept everything in a clear tuperware container. And everything had to be TSA compliant to get through airport security. That means scissors less than 4" long.
Google Adsense