PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 12-31-2022, 09:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Jack Ryan S3 E1 Lack of Geography Knowledge

OK, OK, here I go again. Watched Season 3 Episode 1 of Jack Ryan. It was good, but... How in hell did they get from the Black Sea to Greece in a rubber dingy with an outboard engine??? Greece does not have a shore on the Black Sea.

The cargo ship they got the asset off of was a couple of days out of the Crimean peinninsula so they would have had to go from the middle of the Black Sea to the Bosphorus Strait, then through the Bosphorus Strait to the Sea of Mamara, then across the Sea of Mamara to the Dardanelles Strait, then through the Dardanelles Strait to the Aegean Sea, and then finally to Greece. In a rubber dingy. With an outboard engine.

If they went back to the US Navy ship they launched from then why did they not just fly the asset out on a helicopter to a secure location?

If they went back to the US Navy ship then why would it go from the middle of the Black Sea to the Bosphorus Strait, then through the Bosphorus Strait to the Sea of Mamara, then across the Sea Of Mamara to the Dardanelles Straight, then through Dardanelles Strait to the Aegean Sea, then to a location off of Greece, and then send them to shore in a rubber dingy, with an outboard engine???

Why? Why?
(just keep telling myself "It is only a TV show, it is only a TV show")
Google Adsense
Old 12-31-2022, 10:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.01 GB
Are you sure they know THEIR geography in the show?
For them, Greece may still be all the way to the Black Sea...we were there till 1922 but we were forced out. As you say, it's just a TV show
Old 12-31-2022, 11:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I gave up on trying to understand movie geography after the Transformers movie where they stepped out of the back door of the Udvar Hazy Air museum in Virginia into AMARG in Tucson. Arizona.
Old 12-31-2022, 04:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 134.16 MB
According to the animated original 101 Dalmations, somewhere just outside London there is a wild area with rocky cliffs, ravines and twisty mountain roads. The North Downs and Wendover Woods are a little undulating but not quite the Alps...
Old 12-31-2022, 07:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
There are few obstacles to a young officer with a map...
Google Adsense
Old 01-01-2023, 04:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 185.34 MB
Jack Ryan has become "James Bond"

I agree with the comments thus far. I watched the entire third season in one afternoon/evening. There were so many sub plots I was lost most of the time. The production values were very high, but the complex plot line really took away from the enjoyment. The first two seasons were good, the third go round however the series had morphed more into Super Heroes, Indian Jones, James Bond fantasy. In the end forget about the way too many "red herrings" and enjoy the action scenes, lol