PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 10-12-2009, 09:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
I live with 5 of them, two insist on always watching, and or supervising. My littlest one loves to use my building lamp as a sunning spot,LOL so far so good though, none have bothered my models yet... knock on wood.
Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
Cat Hit Man-mytech-insp.jpg   Cat Hit Man-sspx4495.jpg  
Old 10-12-2009, 09:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
clowns have no taste
(if they did, they wouldn't dress up like drag queens)

cats on the other hand...

sorry to all the "cat lovers"
maybe we can consider this a friendlier dispute
(an alternative to the Zealot bashing topic?)

my Daughter hates my "cat bashing"...lol
she knows I would never intentionally hurt any animal, but...

"The other day I almost ran over two cats on the road!
...but I had to swerve back into my lane because of the oncoming traffic."

"Yesterday I hit a cat with my car...had to cross two lawns to get him!"

" I got a great new Wash Mitt for the car...Fluffy's paws are great for getting into those little nooks and tight spots.
But the neighbours hate it when I wring out the soap. "
Old 10-12-2009, 09:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
LOL;
I seriousy think no one likes clowns, every one I know says they give them the willies. Oh and cats are pretty decent with BBQ sauce, cause what my wife does not know does not hurt me. LOL, I have been pretty lucky, never really had cat issues cept a couple of times when I was a teenager and built p*****c models, I had a cat that insisted one of my shelves was his, every time I put a model up on it he moved it to the floor for me. Last straw was when he chewed off the masts on a ship I had just finished.
Jeff
Old 10-12-2009, 10:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 41.26 MB
I coexist with six cats in a state of armed detente, but have managed to avoid open warfare for at least most of the time. The worst that has happened is the raid on my prized 1:250 river gunboat "Rhine" from Paper Shipwright. I kept the hulk, hoping to repair it but have not had the heart to look at it these two years now... Also at that time I found the lower half of the "Old Mumbles Lighthouse" (another PS model,) showing unmistakable tooth marks. It was not until a week later that I found the top half of the tower irrepairably chewn in the basement.

In perusing international paper model forums I have learned the words for "Cats" in many different languages. I think they just happen to like the way the paper feels when chewed. Training the critters seems nearly futile, although sometimes there is a glimmer of hope.

A squirt gun properly used can work temporarily but sending jets of water all over the place in my paperworking area is not a good idea and anyhow they tend to forgive me after a time.

Making sudden loud noises is a tactic I have used instinctively on many many occasions and it seems to have an immediate effect but does not last.

The only sure thing I have found is to make the models inaccessible by hiding them in the spare bedroom or putting them in boxes. I use the cheap plastic food storage tubs I get at the supermarket, both for parts and subassemblies of models as well as completed small models.

Rigorous pickup when leaving the worktable is mandatory though, and even this does not work when somebody decides to take a walk accross the cutting mat while I am absorbed in some especially difficult cutting. The only thing to do is to hold one's breath, close the eyes and hope the d**n thing doesn't decide to lie down.

The heat produced by both bright lights and computers is also very attractive. I have a piece of aluminum foil lying unattractively on top of my CPU box (They hate aluminum foil for some reason!) and that seems to help, but the bright lights on the worktable are still a problem:
Attached Thumbnails
Cat Hit Man-peterkinsmall.jpg  
Old 10-12-2009, 10:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
The problem with these two cats of my daughter's is that they:

1. Like water for some reason. They run to the water when its turned on.
2. Are not afraid of aluminum foil. (tried it, didn't work)
3. Oblivious to loud sharp sounds.

They are well trained agents of terror.

Greg
Old 10-12-2009, 11:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 107.05 MB
Send a message via MSN to bf109
well modelperry your screwed now , my cat is here with me and reading this !!!
he'calling all his contacts near waynesboro ( thank googlemaps for that) to annoy you as much as they can .

sry dont blame me , writing this under clawpoint
Old 10-12-2009, 12:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 20.98 MB
Greg, separate them to make sure they can't have paw-ows :D
Old 10-31-2009, 06:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
A ninja cat from "Al-cata" has struck again. I even put up a defensive shield (folding door) to my man cave, but they have still figured out how to infiltrate and attack.

This time the object of their terror was my Bremen. This is the second time it has been subject to a cat-a$$-trophy. This attack was aimed at the communication system of the ship. Both mast tops were chewed and the radio line between them was severed.

Shipyard repairs have consisted of replacing the mast tops with pieces of dowel painted white and restringing the severed lines.

When interrogated about this latest attack, both subjects mewed and purred their innocence. Neither one could be broken. Time to break out the truth serum laced catnip to make them talk. Maybe if I hire a clown to do the interrogations.....

Greg
Old 10-31-2009, 07:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I guess that I am fortunate in the fact that my cats just like to take over the table for sleeping and being close. When I run out of room I just push them aside and they continue sleeping as if nothing happened. If my modeling gets in their way they just toss everything on the floor.

Papertrain
Old 10-31-2009, 07:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Well, my cat knows full well that my room is terra scarra and he's not welcome here. I'm a lion in zodiak signs and all cats know who's in charge here :D
Google Adsense