PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 10-16-2009, 02:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
modelik deliver month long wait

has any one else been experiencing very long delays ordering from modelik lately??

i placed a order 9-8-09 and it is now 10-16-09

i have not had such a delay before usually it is couple weeks max...

and on my last order it was ransacked by customs in warsaw cut open then sealed in a funny pastic bag

actually neither event has happened to me before

any one know whats going on over there???

or are they just pissed at obama?
Google Adsense
Old 10-16-2009, 04:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
My modelik orders have always taken at least a month to get to me. They always send their stuff by surface mail (ie. slow boat to America). Seems like they don't know or want to deal with air mail.

Greg
Old 10-16-2009, 10:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
My order from Modelik took 10 (yes, TEN) weeks to the day from the shipping notice they sent! I have no idea what would possibly make delivery take such a ridiculously long time. Orders from GPM have always taken four weeks, and when I order plastic kits from HobbyTerra in the Ukraine it takes only two weeks for delivery! I will never order directly from Modelik again.

Cheers, Corbin
Old 10-16-2009, 10:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Haven't tried an order from Modelik yet - last Modelik models I got were through Model-Hobby and deliver down under was only two weeks; fastest delivery so far has been from Orel who powered in with flash to bang in the mailbox of one week.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
The long delivery times are due to the surface postage - my last order took 11 weeks to get to Australia. I guess the trade off is cheap (10 Euro) postage vs the time. Airfreight postal rates Poland to Australia are ridiculously high - if I want models out of Poland I'd rather be patient.

Modelik seems to make a decent effort to package their kits - the last one I received was really well packaged.

Regards,

Charlie
Google Adsense
Old 10-16-2009, 07:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
I'm not sure that is a fair trade off for post down under my order from Orel in the Ukraine a couple of months ago only cost US$10 for postage and arrived in NZ in a week...
Old 10-19-2009, 02:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Well I placed orders with GPM and JSC on Oct 11 & 12 respectively. Both arrived today (Oct 19). Still waiting for my order from Modelik placed on Sept 9.

The GPM order was for two just released Modelik kits and an ADW kit. I think I prefer paying a little bit more for postage to get my stuff in a reasonable amount of time.

Greg