PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 10-25-2009, 12:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
Taking a break

I realized today, seconds after hurling my X-acto knife into the wall, that I've been stressed by a combination of obligations recently. School, design work, other hobbies and projects have taken their toll and I feel strongly that I need to take a couple weeks off. To everyone who is expecting something from me (designs, e-mails, advice, etc.) and has not heard from me, I give my sincere apologies. I have simply taken on too many projects. For this reason I have decided to try and catch up a bit on projects while at the same time taking a much needed rest. I may or may not continue to design models during this period, but I will try to catch up on e-mails. Once again, I do apologize to anyone who has not recieved a reply to their e-mail/inquiry. The fault is mine (well, school might have a bit to do with it... :D) and I will try to make things right over the next few weeks. Please bear with me while I clear out a backlog and de-stress for a while. Thanks for the understanding, be back in a couple weeks!

[email protected]
Google Adsense
Old 10-25-2009, 03:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.98 MB
hi Avery,
you probably know this already but...
never ever take on too many things to do, that is a sure way to hit the wall and get burned out
you take care buddy, the rest of us will just have to wait until you are ready again
paper modeling is about having fun while accomplishing something while you relax
if it gets to the point of stress then the above can't be done
with christmas (and that stress...) around the bend, it might be a good idea to step back and just be around and take it easy
hope you drop in now and then just to say hello
hope you can come out of this and get back to relaxing again
/Håkan
Old 10-25-2009, 03:29 AM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
Yeah, take a break, we'll understand,
This is a hobby, it should be fun...
No apolgises needed, thanks for being honest and letting us know
Old 10-25-2009, 07:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Just one question though...did you stick the throw? X-acto knifes can be nasty things on the rebound if you didn't stick it!

Relax and do something for you. Make a Sponge Bob model or something else fun but simple or go to the movies. I often get too many things going on at once as well, but I have five kids to pull me back to reality. (kids are a great life saver-"can't do that this week I have a Scouting thing going on with the kids...)

relax and enjoy your self....and watch out for that school stuff...it will hurt your brain if you are not careful.

CT
Old 11-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
take some time buddy! We will all be here when you get back
Chris
Old 11-02-2009, 11:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Take a break, Avery; if it seems too much like work, then it's not a hobby anymore. And I think every one here would agree with me that focusing on your education is far more important that designing paper models. Got to the movies ('2012' comes out next week!), empty a pitcher of beer, kick back with some friends... clear your soul.

Take it easy,
Wyvern