PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 10-29-2009, 02:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
A new hobby??? Could be.

So I have been messing around with Metasequoia quite a bit lately. Things have been tight these days. With 3 kids (one on the way) an at home wife and a job that seems to be "on stand by" (no work in five days!) well, money is hard to come by. So the short of it is I can't yet fill My cartridges. :(

But My addiction to modeling aircraft need not be dampened!!! In fact I have entered into a whole new world. Turns out modeling on the old computer is pretty darned nifty!!! I have been practicing with meta and pepurika in order to learn how to design models in which are simply not available. In doing so I have learned one thing for sure.........Its fun!! Here are some screens of a heli I have been messing with.

this is a screen showing the wire frame and all textures. The next few will show selected parts and textures to give an idea of what I have learned thus far. This is a simple cut and paste job. map the img on to the part. Presto!!! nice instrument panel.

Last edited by alpinemike; 10-29-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 10-29-2009, 02:29 PM

Finally My favorite shot.
This shot is pretty sweet.

So with what started as a mission to design paper models I have come to a point where at least recently I spend far more time modeling in My PC. Than in this gloomy, rainy, fall and poor economy ridden reality. This has so many possibilities it' almost ridiculous!!! Endless colors, interior styles, accessories and just save them all on a hard drive!!! No airframe will go un-modeled!!!:D

So I wonder has anybody here other than Myself, found them selves completely "owned" By 3d digital modeling?
Old 10-29-2009, 02:42 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
Well........... now that's pretty sweet.

Are you gonna let the rest of us in on the party and releasing these for us non-3Ders to build?

My Drawings
Old 10-29-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bowden View Post
Well........... now that's pretty sweet.

Are you gonna let the rest of us in on the party and releasing these for us non-3Ders to build?

Lol!!!! I would love to. Im still learning, pepurika. I'm making progress with it but I'm still finding major problems with completed and or unfolded models. I get pretty close to what I want but inevitably this program renders one or two important pieces into shreds or into tiny unrecognizable "crap" for lack of a better description.

I would be willing to transfer models to a more experienced user (unfold er), so long as they agreed to join Me in sharing the models for free.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:48 PM

Looks good Mike. Keep up the good work
Google Adsense