PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 12:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.83 MB
QUOTE:

"Of the 3 main Axis powers in WWII (Germany, Italy, and Japan) the first 2 slowly did away with religion in the years before the war and set their respective governments up as the moral authority. Japanese culture already revered their emperor as having divine authority so it wasn't really a change for them. Any time the government starts defining morality a red flag better go up pretty quick in your mind."

Well---no offense here, but you need to go back and check your history. Hitler signed a Concordat with Pape Pius the XXII. Their are numerous pictures of Hitler standing with clergymen who ,I might add, are seen doing the Hitler salute to the troops. The Germans had a belt buckle inscribed with "God is with us" or something like that. Hitler, while he scared the crap out of them, used the clergy to his advantage and most (not all) conceded to his demands and comprimised their faith. Not to overlook the priests blessing the German pilots before they went off to kill the Brits. So while they did supress the free expression of clergy they used religeon to their advantage because the people still "Believed".
I can provde pictures if you like
Old 01-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
P L E A S E E N D T H I S!
p L E A S E E N D T H I S!

@[email protected] your multiple anti-Catholic statements make you sound "anti-Catholic". Hitler scared that cr@p out of a lot of people. This thread should be locked. I think everyone got the point. With the logic being shown here one could conclude that White people have done the most killing and manipulating and injustice in the world. White people cause all the problems. God is white. Jesus is White. The Holy Spirit is White. Everyone knows White is right. This thread is making this forum suck. If it isn't related to building, obtaining, designing paper models, offering tips, discussing paper models then keep it in your pants. Moderators Please can this thread. The finger pointing is starting, it was the Catholics, It was the Germans, It was the Jews. I did it. It was all my fault. I caused all the problems in the world, I'm sorry, I won't do it again. I promise. Duh!!
Old 01-01-2008, 03:42 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
I concur - I'd be happy to see it shut down. The whole topic is totally unresolvable, and whatever our opinions, THEY DON'T MATTER TO ANYONE BUT OURSELVES. We are dust in the wind, as the song goes. Lets do some modelling!
Old 01-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Absolute Final Dimensional Contortionist Judicator

Total Downloaded: 398.11 MB
Did you ever think this would go any other way? Waxing philosophical about why we should or should not model weapons of war in paper shows that we all have the freedom to do so and it was paid for by others who felt strong enough about it to put actions to their words. Modeling the machines remind us that freedom and peace have a price and we should not forget it.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
This whole thread reads, Blah Blah Blah. I doubt there is anyone in this forum who learned anything in this thread. There are enough forums to vent ones political views. More than enough web sites if you want to polish your rod, or wax it, your preference. This is waning philosophy, not waxing. DEATH TO THIS THREAD!! (Insert sound the Jihadists women make here with the tongues,you know, high pitched luga luga luga luga).
Google Adsense
Old 01-01-2008, 04:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 747.08 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
P L E A S E E N D T H I S!!
After posting my response to the original question I read a lot of things here that I don't agree with, but I've continued to read this thread because I found the responses interesting, even if some have bordered offensive.

I've resisted putting throwing two cents in (mostly because I know my opinion would probably offend many) but I have to at least say this- you have shared your opinion with the crowd in several posts in this thread.

I find it strange that if you find the content of this thread objectionable, why do you continue to read it, let alone make posts?

I've read some odd things in this thread, but I don't think I've read anything where someone was TRYING to be offensive. If you don't like some of the dialog taking place, it seems to me that by far the easiest solution is to stop reading this thread.

Isaac Asimov
Old 01-01-2008, 04:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 113.01 MB
By and large I have enjoyed and learned from this thread. I hope it will continue.

Learning how others think and react is something like learning history - ultimately being good for peacemaking. It is like diversity training. I don't think that anyone is trying to be offensive in this thread.

Atrocities are committed by all sides in a war and it is sometimes uncomfortable to hear things that I wish were not true. Hiding and not speaking the ugly facts does not make them untrue - but uncovering them and learning from them might make the future better.

Being a little offended and uncomfortable by others at times can make me a better person. It helps me to see their point of view.