PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The CardBoard Lounge

Old 12-14-2009, 03:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 528.35 MB
I would put quotes around the word working though, I built it, but I've got a lot of work to do with the mechanics of it to get it to work:

Old 12-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 0
I don't know how they could work my dad fixed watches and clocks and he did have some paper clock hanging around the house when I was young and it never worked.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 41.26 MB
That is just Too Cool! I love it.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:02 AM

Hello Michael, Scans of the manual would be GREAT. No rush at all. Once I figure out how to PM, I'll send you my Email address.

Many thanks, Gabe (:-}>
Old 12-15-2009, 07:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
A while back I built a paper model that had an escapement type movement. The thing did not work very good at first, but hardening the gear teeth with CA glue improved the operation a lot. Even then it did not work good all of the time. Perhaps it was the changing temperature and humidity from day to day that affected it.

Hardening the gear teeth also allowed the filing of the teeth so the contact points between the gears could be fine tuned.

You also need to insure the model is plumb and level for proper operation. Very important.
Google Adsense
Old 12-15-2009, 10:17 AM

Is there a free version of "Make Your Own Working Paper Clock" by James Smith Rudolph Books?
Old 12-15-2009, 10:31 AM

Sun dials are cool. I was working at a rural school many years ago when they had to cut down a pine in the "front yard" between the school and the highway which happened to be on the south side of the building. My students and I had the men cut it about ten feet tall and tapered it into a sundial that displayed on the wall of the gym. Very cool.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.62 MB
I have found a Paper clock plan while wandering the internet. I am unsure of it's origin. I believe it is in Japanese symbols. I have contacted the Email address on one of the pages but, no reply yet. I cannot be sure if it is a pirated site or not and will not do anything with it until I receive some type of response. If anyone can read Japanese symbols? I would appreciate tracking this down to either buy it or see if it is public domain. Any help would be appreciated
Old 04-15-2011, 12:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.06 GB
I also need instructions or a peek at some.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.79 MB
I also just started building the paper clock book kit. Actually, I started 3 weeks ago, and only got half the frame done because it's over at my girlfriends house. It will be hers when I get it done after I show it off at the local IPMS club (it was given to me by one of the clubmembers).

The instructions are tedious with a few illustrations showing completed sections for several building steps at a time, but all the pieces have labels as to where the tabs from other parts are to be glued to it. However, I do intend to use wooden dowels in place of the pins and paper axles.
Google Adsense