PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 10-13-2012, 03:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Talking Chevrolet Nomad 1955 [Not ready]

Hi!

Well, as you can see, i'm new around here. I'm Rafael, i'm 18 years old and i'm from Brazil.

I've been building cars since my 10-11 years, while i costumed to build weapons (pistols only) and cars (NASCARs and Tuned vehicles) and even villages (Small triangular houses). I've stopped since 2008 ending until September 2012, but now i'm here and Remaking my old vehicle, the Chevrolet Nomad 1955!

I know that my work is not professional. I try hard to do my best, and i get happy everytime the thing gets on the way i want.
I use Photoshop CS6 to build the car, make the lines, styles and every single details.

As i said, this is a remake of my old car i made back at 2008, by Paint. Until 2010 i never even heard of Photoshop, so i had to be happy with Paint only.

Until then, i called this car as Chevy 1955 Black Terror (lol...)

Before:

After/Now

The remake is bigger than the original, and is having more Resolution i must say. This car is going to be made as a 1978 Nomad + Camaro 2009. It'll have Camaro doors, lights, interior (almost all of it) And even body design. You see the rear line to the fishtail reminding the Camaro's rear? :D

It'll have many details. Tuned Exhausters, Aluminium Plates by the side skirts, a steering wheel customized by me, a Camaro shifter on the Wheel (i transfered it from the gear shifter location to the wheel, it's more beautiful imo) and even a Sony Vaio Notebook for a bigger detail.

It's not done yet of course, still have to get details to be made on, like the wheels and the rims. If you guys help me with some details for it's finishing, i'd be very glad!

Thank you for seeing it!

Last edited by X3MSonicX; 10-13-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 10-13-2012, 04:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
This ought to be fun. Off to Google 1978 Chevy Nomad. We haven't had a Nomad in the States since the 50's, I think.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
This ought to be fun. Off to Google 1978 Chevy Nomad. We haven't had a Nomad in the States since the 50's, I think.
Nomad and Camaro (Both generations) are definetly my favourite cars. I'd like to have one of them in my garage when i have the opportunity.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Okay, that's the car I know. Have you checked out Cami's models? Modifying one of hers may be the most direct approach, but then again, you probably wouldn't learn as much in the process.

I'll be watching
Old 10-13-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
Okay, that's the car I know. Have you checked out Cami's models? Modifying one of hers may be the most direct approach, but then again, you probably wouldn't learn as much in the process.

I'll be watching
I didn't see them yet. I'll take a look whenever i can.
Google Adsense
Old 10-14-2012, 09:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.75 MB
Here is the Nomad thread:

1957 Chevrolet Nomad

Mixing Camaro and Nomad genes from 2 generations 50 years appart is quite a challenge! I am interested to see how it will turn out. I think your approach is fine as elements from both designs clearly are visible.

Here is GM's modern interpretation of the Nomad based on a Solstice chassis:

2004 Chevrolet Nomad Concept Images, Information and History | Conceptcarz.com

Cami
Old 10-14-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cami View Post
Here is the Nomad thread:

1957 Chevrolet Nomad

Mixing Camaro and Nomad genes from 2 generations 50 years appart is quite a challenge! I am interested to see how it will turn out. I think your approach is fine as elements from both designs clearly are visible.

Here is GM's modern interpretation of the Nomad based on a Solstice chassis:

2004 Chevrolet Nomad Concept Images, Information and History | Conceptcarz.com

Cami
Thank you very much for the support, Cami! :D It Can be challenging, but it's not that hard when you got the proper tool. Until now, i didn't have any difficulties, i have so much fun making this car. Let's just see if when printed, it will work up as i expect, because many models i've built in the computer in the past, they had the wrong dimensions in any of the parts, or either i built them wrongly. But, Let's not lose the faith.

I'll see these Nomad papermodels closely, and get some inspiration from them for more details on the design of the body, Thank you for the link. :D

--

Right at the hour when making this post, i've edited the back columns which maintains the glass at the upside of the door holding the ceiling. I made it turn out to be like the 2004's Nomad, after seeing the design of it.

Also added the hood scoops:

Don't worry about the slight misplacing of the Right scoop, i've corrected it seconds ago.

And i'm still editing the car! :D
Old 10-15-2012, 04:42 PM

I retired that aluminium plate at the front of the rear wheels. It's ridiculous and just adds futiliness to the car.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 34.74 MB
ridiculous ? your doing will just take your time you'll get it!
Old 10-16-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbed2010 View Post
ridiculous ? your doing will just take your time you'll get it!
xD but it was really ridiculous, i didn't even know why i did that
Google Adsense