PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 10-18-2012, 09:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
The Cars We Drove ...

Nowt to do with paper models, but I just thought a few of you would like to see this ...

The Cars We Drove In The 50s & 60s

Enjoy ... Johnny.
Google Adsense
Old 10-18-2012, 04:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 130.59 MB
Great looking cars, and excellent music... Thank you for sharing.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thumbs up

Very cool.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Brought back a lot of memories. Francis, my next door neighbor had a 32 ford roadster, chopped, channeled, dumped, etc....looking through the windshield was like looking through the viewslit of a Sherman tank. California law at the time required a minimum 4-inch clearance between the road and any part of the frame or body....his rod had a three inch clearance at most. I was riding shotgun one time he was pulled over for clearance violation. The way cops checked was to slide a pack of filter tip cigarettes under the car...if nothing touched, the car passed. When the cop showed my bud the interference, my neighbor told him he was wrong, the pack would fit under the car just fine....to demonstrate, he smashed the pack flat, slid it under the frame, and said "see? plenty of clearance." The cop was not amused...even Francis was surprised there could be so many equipment violations on a single vehicle.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Meanwhile, on this side of the pond ...

Last night I watched the live stage show 'Dreamboats and Petticoats'. Set 'Somewhere in Essex in 1961'. Absolutely brilliant! I thoroughly recommend it to one and all.

I was a 17 year old in Essex in 1961, and I could relate every one of those characters to someone in my life. Ahhh, such sweet, almost forgotten memories. Then in 1962 they gave me a gun and taught me how to kill ... Life sorta changed from then on. Talk about lost innocence, eh!

Johnny.
Google Adsense
Old 10-19-2012, 03:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.75 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
Brought back a lot of memories. Francis, my next door neighbor had a 32 ford roadster, chopped, channeled, dumped, etc....looking through the windshield was like looking through the viewslit of a Sherman tank. California law at the time required a minimum 4-inch clearance between the road and any part of the frame or body....his rod had a three inch clearance at most. I was riding shotgun one time he was pulled over for clearance violation. The way cops checked was to slide a pack of filter tip cigarettes under the car...if nothing touched, the car passed. When the cop showed my bud the interference, my neighbor told him he was wrong, the pack would fit under the car just fine....to demonstrate, he smashed the pack flat, slid it under the frame, and said "see? plenty of clearance." The cop was not amused...even Francis was surprised there could be so many equipment violations on a single vehicle.
LOL, that is a fun story. I don't think we could drive such a kind of car here in Quebec. Nice video John, every time I have a ride in Irene I feel like it is 1959 and I wonder what this car has seen and heard through the last 53 years.

Cami
Old 10-20-2012, 05:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I currently drive a 1968 dodge polara...I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 263.00 MB
I drive a '66 Ford half ton long bed step side. My every day work truck. Been in the family since '66.

Beard