PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 12-19-2021, 04:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 51.92 MB
Lada Niva 6x6 upgrade from Dakar/ 1:32/ Richard Vyškovský

I was interested in the video of the converted Lady Niva to 6x6 version from the Russian video Garage 54.
It is a newer extended 5-door version of the Lada Niva Urban 5D, where another axle is inserted in front of the rear axle, which extends into the rear side doors.
In MS Paint, I started drawing Lady Niva's modified side, first on the Urban 4x4 version and then 6x6
But then I saw a picture of a redesigned old classic version of Lady Niva, where only the rear part of the body is cut off, another part with the rear axle is welded to it and it was decided.
I chose a simpler old model Lada Niva Dakar from the Czechoslovak magazine for children and youth ABC by architect Richard Vyškovský.
The photo of the glued model is from 2015, the model was built in 1987.
Attached Thumbnails
-car_base_id_p1_5087.jpg   -lada-niva-6x6-003.jpg   -lada-niva-6x6-23.jpg   -59816901_360320254685308_180458544832948256_n.jpg   -lada-niva-6x6-55.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 12-21-2021, 01:25 AM

I created a side of the car in MS Paint from both versions (Urban and Klasik). I don't draw anything new (I only create the outline of a new part) and I insert parts of the textures of the original model with "Ctrl + C"/ "Ctrl + V" style, so I just compose new parts from the original model. Basically, all pixels are original.

The model should look like this, I put it together in Sketchup and stretched the texture from the created templates. I also created the original 4x4 version for comparison.

On the original old paper model, I highlighted the headlights, turn signals, brake lights, rearview mirrors and the area of the windshield wiped with wipers with felt pens.

Now I've highlighted it as well, but by inserting parts from the second edition of the cut-out model, which has richer colors.
Attached Thumbnails
-lada-niva-6x6-07.jpg   -lada-niva-6x6-007.jpg   -lada-niva-6x6-017.jpg   -lada-niva-4x4-001.jpg   -lada-niva-4x4-003.jpg  

Old 12-23-2021, 11:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Good work on the model. Was there a reason for adding the 2nd axle...or just to look cool?
Old 12-25-2021, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whulsey View Post
Good work on the model.
Thx a lot for your kindness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whulsey View Post
Was there a reason for adding the 2nd axle...or just to look cool?
Hard to say, in the case of the Garage 54, it's first about style, inspired by the modification of the Mercedes AMG G63 6x6.

I only have that one photo about the other Nive from the garage, where it is made of green and red and I didn't find anything closer about it, but there are more photos of Niva 6x6 on the internet, they are probably all DIY projects inspired by 6x6 versions of Ford (Hennessey VelociRaptor 6x6). ) or Land Rover Defender (Flying Huntsman 6x6, but exists older 110 Heavy Duty 6x6 Heavy Truck version too).

The basic engine is already weak for the extended version of the Lada Niva URBAN 5D, and I read that Russian car manufacturer AvtoVaz also wants to produce a semi- trailer truck from Niva with an engine that is 17HP stronger, the payload on an 11m long semi- trailer would be 1.5t ... thats would be a nice model too. In any case, I like these modifications and the Mercedes AMG G36 6x6 as a paper model exists (but I'm not sure if it's also available to the public ), the paper Land Rover Defender 4x4 exists and a friend drew and published in the ABC magazine Ford VelociRaptor 4x4 and the 6x6 variants from these could also be converted without much difficulty. All you need is effort and time.

I will return to my model. I designed this (non-existent) Dakar variant because I wanted to take part in an event in honor of the 90th birthday celebrations by the creator thousands of paper models, Richard Vyškovský.

It is an incredible number of often (at the time) very complex and demanding models, which he drew exclusively in his free time with a pencil, ruler and painted with watercolors for us, papermodelers.

The 4x4 version has the rear of the body higher than the front and it would be a problem to have all 3 axles in one plane so that all wheels touch the ground (due to inaccuracies in gluing, etc.). In the end, I decided to create a subframe with oval holes so that the wheel axles could move freely and touch the terrain, which is not ideally flat.

I promise that in the next post there will be photos of the paper model.
Attached Thumbnails
-mercedes-g63-amg-6x6-01.jpg   -6x6-lada-niva_1427640539.jpg   -ford-velociraptor-6x6.jpg   -land-rover-defender-flying-huntsman-6x6.jpg   -lada-niva-pvr-235710-verzia-tahac_10-galeria.jpg  

-lada-niva-6x6-32.jpg   -lada-niva-6x6-006.jpg