PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 03-19-2023, 11:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 121.70 MB
Now I will add a few cars that caused why the Paris - Dakar rally is so popular in our country...

LIAZ 111.154 Dakar

Scale : 1:100
Author : Ing. Arch. Milan Weiner
Source : MINIBOX W02-ABC model

A few words about the original:

This car took part in the Paris - Dakar rally in 1988. The crew consisted of Moskal, Vojtíšek, Záleský, who finished the competition in 2nd place.

My edits:

This is the original MINIBOX that came out in ABC. I didn't modify it on purpose, the model is made of one part and can be built in an hour...it's an alternative for those who don't want/don't know/can't glue more complex mini-models. It's a pretty nice box for how quickly it can be built. A few photos:
Attached Thumbnails
My mini models-d8802.jpg   My mini models-dscn4081.jpg   My mini models-dscn4084.jpg   My mini models-dscn4085.jpg   My mini models-dscn4090.jpg  

Old 03-19-2023, 11:15 AM

LIAZ 100.55 D 4x4 Dakar

Author : DarkTower
Source : www.minimodel.sk (MM01-free model)

This car took part in the Paris - Dakar rally in 1985. The crew consisted of Moskal, Joklík and Fencl, who finished the competition in 13th place. After returning from the rally, the car was gradually disassembled, and in the early 90s it was bought by an enthusiast Tomáš Pour, who restored the car to its original condition, down to the details.

My edits:

This is probably the most complicated mini model I've glued so far... The model has a lot of details, you can still do active suspension, which I didn't do, since I have the model glued to the base. Rather, I added a few more exterior details, dusted the car a bit and made a simple pad. A few photos:
Attached Thumbnails
My mini models-20091222-180429.jpg   My mini models-dscn4098.jpg   My mini models-dscn4100.jpg   My mini models-dscn4102.jpg   My mini models-dscn4104.jpg  

My mini models-dscn4105.jpg   My mini models-dscn4108.jpg   My mini models-dscn4110.jpg   My mini models-dscn4115.jpg   My mini models-dscn4095.jpg  

Old 03-19-2023, 11:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Had missed this thread. Some really nice work, especially for such a small scale.
Old 01-28-2024, 11:09 AM

TO: whulsey
Thanks

Citroen BX 4x4

Author : FDS model
Source : http://www.minimodel.sk (FE4064-free model)

In 1984, a prototype with the number 250 was built for the Paris-Alger-Dakar race. The crew consisted of Michel Morkycki and Odile Viemon. The vehicle crashed on its side during the European stage and could not finish the race.

My edits:

We recently finished the Dakar rally, so it would be good to add a few cars to the minibox collection.
To begin with, I chose a Citroen BX from FDS. It was supposed to be a simple construction, but after cutting the grills in the rear windows, I thought it would be a shame not to do it all, so I also cut out the front windows... so I had to glass the front window, add to the side the grille (it's a bit thick, but I couldn't find anything thinner) and add a simple interior with a crew... other modifications are more or less standard than other miniboxes - I made the wheels a little more plastic, the front mask and hood and both bumpers, added a wiper and rear view mirrors, on roof antenna and lights...
I dusted the car and added a simple mat, some photos:
Attached Thumbnails
My mini models-1262.jpg   My mini models-dscn9332.jpg   My mini models-dscn9336.jpg   My mini models-dscn9339.jpg   My mini models-dscn9342.jpg  

My mini models-dscn9343.jpg   My mini models-dscn9346.jpg   My mini models-dscn9349.jpg   My mini models-dscn9353.jpg  
Old 02-13-2024, 03:15 PM

VW Transporter T3 Dakar

Source : https://www.minimodel.sk (FE4056-free model)

A few words about the real car:

Another not so successful car from Dakar. I couldn't find much about this car, except for one photo showing 3 identical VW Transporters that were supposed to start in 1987...

I modified the car similar to the previous Citroen, so I added a simple interior with a crew plus minor modifications from the wheels to the roof... when I saw those thin wheels compared to other Dakar miniboxes, it is quite realistic that they had to push it when somewhere sank into the sand... some photos:
Attached Thumbnails
My mini models-vw-transporter.jpg   My mini models-dscn9427.jpg   My mini models-dscn9432.jpg   My mini models-dscn9436.jpg   My mini models-dscn9439.jpg  

My mini models-dscn9444.jpg   My mini models-dscn9446.jpg   My mini models-dscn9451.jpg   My mini models-dscn9457.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 02-14-2024, 05:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 134.16 MB
Your dust effects are great and the 'simple' interior adds a lot to the models.
Old 03-07-2024, 03:00 PM

TO: Siwi
thanx, I'm glad you like the models

Mercedes-Benz 280 GE

Source : http://www.minimodel.sk (FE1735-free model)

After two less successful cars, I chose the winning car of the Paris-Dakar 1983 rally, the crew consisted of JACKY ICKX/CLAUDE BRASSEUR. With such a successful car, there are many photos of the original car, models, or even a replica that exists, so I could afford more modifications than with previous models.

My edits:

Considering the number of photos that I managed to get, this is the most modified Dakar minibox that I have put together so far... Minor modifications are from the wheels to the roof. I will mention at least the most important ones:
-in addition to seats with belts and a dashboard with a steering wheel, I added a frame and a spare wheel to the back of the interior.
-I managed to find a photo of the engine, so I made a simple engine and opened the hood.
-I modified the front mask, added the frame, lights, emblem and glazed the main lights, just like the real car had.
I dusted the car and added a simple mat, some photos:
Attached Thumbnails
My mini models-20-janvier-1983-750x410.jpg   My mini models-dscn9505.jpg   My mini models-dscn9509.jpg   My mini models-dscn9513.jpg   My mini models-dscn9516.jpg  

My mini models-dscn9519.jpg   My mini models-dscn9522.jpg   My mini models-dscn9525.jpg   My mini models-dscn9531.jpg