PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 07-08-2022, 02:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.04 MB
Detail up file for YMjr's Ferrari 312PB

Hi,

I've been working on YMjr's Ferrari 312PB kit.

Background:

In 1972, the Ferrari 312PB put in one of the most remarkable performances in sportscar racing.

Between the Kyalami 9 Hour race in November of 1971 and the same race in 1972, the 312PB was entered in 12 races and won 11 of them.

YMjr's kit is the Sebring 12 hours winner.

Since the kit is vector-based, it was rather easy to edit it in Adobe Illustrator.

I'm a bit of an obsessive about period correct sponsor decals, etc., so I used the incredibly helpful resources of Racing Sports Cars to reconstruct the sponsor decals and placements for all 11 winners (well, all except for one decal which I could not find in sufficient resolution).

In the process, I discovered that YMjr's kit has a few simplifications that I wanted to correct. Parts 75 and 77 are designed to fit flush with part 76, but the prototype car has a shallow knife edge near the headlights. Likewise, 75 and 77 are designed to fit flush with 80, but there is also a knife edge at the rear of the vehicle. I also added headlights, and tweaked the shape of the front air intakes

The engine cover of the 312PB was changed midway through the season and a spoiler was added, so I've created additional parts that match the configuration during the second half of the season.

This 12 page PDF contains all 11 race winners, along with a page of 'extras', which reflects the changes in configuration as well as the fact that Ferrari switched from Firestone to Goodyear before the '72 Kyalami race.
Attached Thumbnails
Detail up file for YMjr's Ferrari 312PB-screenshot-2022-07-08-151436.jpg   Detail up file for YMjr's Ferrari 312PB-screenshot-2022-07-08-151552.jpg  

Last edited by Texman; 07-08-2022 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Remove pdf
Google Adsense
Old 07-08-2022, 03:22 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
I approved this post, however removed the attached pdf. You cannot post kits of others work, without the express consent of the original author.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 07-08-2022, 04:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.04 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texman View Post
I approved this post, however removed the attached pdf. You cannot post kits of others work, without the express consent of the original author.
Even when substantial alterations have been made, the model was freely available, and the author seems to have vanished off the web?

In terms of attribution, the PDF lives on at the Wayback machine, but I can't post a link. Suffice to say, if you go there, pull up ymjr.cz, choose any of the snapshots from 2017 on, and browse the downloads you'll find it.
Old 07-08-2022, 05:12 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Significant alterations, freely available, author vanishing.

All do not matter. With out his permission, you cannot post it here.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 07-08-2022, 05:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardajensen View Post
Even when substantial alterations have been made, the model was freely available, and the author seems to have vanished off the web?
Even though it was a free download, somebody designed it and should be contacted whenever you make any changes. Best to get written permission before posting any changes to someone else's designs.

You can find re-paint's here on Papermodelers, somebody re-painted then proper permission was gathered before they could post on the web. This way the designer knows who is doing what with their models.

Mike
Google Adsense
Old 07-08-2022, 05:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Duplicate post see above comments

Last edited by mbauer; 07-08-2022 at 05:25 PM. Reason: duplicate