PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Civilian Wheels

Old 11-06-2007, 09:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Lotus 7

Does anyone know of a card model of the Lotus 7? I used to race one in my misspent youth, many years ago. It's such an angular beastie it should be a good candidate for a model.
Jim Bean
Google Adsense
Old 11-06-2007, 09:48 PM

Ask and you shall receive ...

*poink!* http://www.ne.jp/asahi/shift-down/au...papermodel.htm *poink*
Old 11-06-2007, 10:12 PM

... and receive...

http://www.halfmoonhobbies.com/Speed/Models/F1.html
Old 11-08-2007, 05:01 PM

Question What now

Thanks Stevo and Old Troll. I have never downloaded a model before. What does one do now, Print on paper and use that, Try to print on card, Print on paper and glue to card, something else???
Jim
Old 11-08-2007, 11:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Print the files out on cardstock. 67 pound stock should be adequate, 110 pound works, but not quite so well on this size model. Watch out....these downloads are worse than potato chips....you can't stop with just one.

I have many regrets of not taking up the offer I had when I graduated from college in '66. One of my buddies had been campaigning a Super 7A, but still had a year to go and was running out of money. I could have bought his car, tow trailer, extra set of tires, and spare engine and trannie for $500. Alas, with a new wife, job, and exhausted bank account, it might as well have been $500,000 for my ability to buy it.....or the silver Jag Mk X sedan another buddy had for sale, again for $500.

The Lotus was quite a car. I remember one auto cross where a Lotus owner set up his tire pressures exactly backwards and still won, hands down.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.18 MB
Oh... print on the 67# bright white cardstock and immediately spray with a clear matte finish so that you can handle your little angel without smudging (sneezes are BAD with unfixed home prints). Build it and show it to us and brag!!

Carl
Old 11-13-2007, 06:51 PM

Question

Help out a beginner here. The printers at work and my home printer have 20# paper in them. 67# must be like a business card. I don't think my crappy home printer could handle anything that stiff. And where would one get the 67# stuff anyway? Maybe Staples?
Jim
Old 11-13-2007, 07:01 PM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Any office store should have it - I'm actually using 'Officemax' brand 65# cover bright white card stock.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Jim, Staples carries card stock, as does most office supply stores. Fred Meyers also carries it. Most craft stores with a scrapbooking section also carry cardstock (but I personally don't think the quality is quite as good as the paper from the office supply outfits). What kind of printer do you have? Most inkjets will handle card stock (also referred to as 'cover stock' or 'index stock'). All the Epsons and HPs I've had will handle it without trouble. You might check if your printer has an adjustment on it for thick paper. The 67 pound paper is not as thick as is used for business cards (I think those are more like 160 kb or so).
Old 11-16-2007, 08:06 PM

Thanks all for the replies. My printer is a HP 920C. I will see what I can find at staples and give it a go.
Jim
Google Adsense