PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Combatmodels projects

Old 03-23-2012, 07:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Nice Model ! some painting information and an options picture.

SOF paint scheme: MH-60: this is really easy ( Just saw a brand new one) (At least a New paint job) The black is the same black as the US Army written on the side of the normal UH-60, and the MH-60 "US Army tail marking is Black Hawk Green.

IN other words reverserse the colors of the aircraft; what was green is black and what was black is green.

Attached is a picture of what can be mounted on/in a Blackhawk.
1. door gun is a GEcal 50 12.7mm gatling gun.
2. external stores support system (ESSS) inner pylon has a 25/30mm chain gun, like on the Apache
3. ESSS outer pylon mounts a 19 round 70mm rocket pod.

the magazines in the center of the forward cabin are 1200 rounds (I think) of 25/30mm and 2000 rounds 12.7 mm

Now heres the kicker on the other side of the Hawk the ESSS usually mounts the identical load. This and 6 SOF troopers in the cabin. The bird in the picture though has a second starboard door mount so this seems to be "just" a Gunship.

Amazing what you can put in a pickup truck.

Thongar
Attached Thumbnails
Who wanna Bird? HH60 Pave Hawk-ah60-well-armed.jpg  
Old 03-23-2012, 05:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Looking at that picture, Thongar, I'm reminded of a bumper sticker I once saw.
"Happiness, is a Belt-Fed Weapon."

A Blackhawk in MH60 configuration would most certainly be a very interesting model.

I'm definitely looking keenly forward to this one evolving.

Kind and Respectful Regards, Uyraell.

"Honi-Soit Qui Mal'Y Pense."
"Ill unto He who ill of it thinks."
- Ed.III Rex Britaniam, AD1348.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:38 AM

Hi guys sorry for huge time of silence. Finally I geeting things done Soon there will be on ecardmodels an MH6 littlebird I have hope that it will sell in many copies. Actually I have cutted out skeleton of Blackhawk finishing tail section. with movable stabilator and rear rotor. The main fuselage is on hold I craeting better artwork for interrior. When I finish that I will give it some skin in black colour scheme. Then Only manual will left and model will be available only on ecardmodels. I don't see any chances to make preprint version right now. I must get money and have them becouse I have 2 months to my son birth. Regards Hope to update soon.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:05 AM

awesome congrats on your son! that is going to be terrific! I see a blackhawk mobile hanging over his crib!,.. his first words will be "daddy,.. paper!"
Old 03-27-2012, 08:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Ecard will have the download and we buy the laser cut frames from you? I don't normally build helos, but this is an exciting kit!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thongar View Post
SOF paint scheme: MH-60: this is really easy ( Just saw a brand new one) (At least a New paint job) The black is the same black as the US Army written on the side of the normal UH-60, and the MH-60 "US Army tail marking is Black Hawk Green.

IN other words reverserse the colors of the aircraft; what was green is black and what was black is green.

Attached is a picture of what can be mounted on/in a Blackhawk.
1. door gun is a GEcal 50 12.7mm gatling gun.
2. external stores support system (ESSS) inner pylon has a 25/30mm chain gun, like on the Apache
3. ESSS outer pylon mounts a 19 round 70mm rocket pod.

the magazines in the center of the forward cabin are 1200 rounds (I think) of 25/30mm and 2000 rounds 12.7 mm

Now heres the kicker on the other side of the Hawk the ESSS usually mounts the identical load. This and 6 SOF troopers in the cabin. The bird in the picture though has a second starboard door mount so this seems to be "just" a Gunship.

Amazing what you can put in a pickup truck.

Thongar
I used to make the ESS fittings for the Blackhawks from a block of aluminum. The hardest part, believe it or not, was manually machining the tabs left on for holding the part down. You start with a series of flat spots, located off of datum planes, then drill holes, the part is then flipped over and mounted in a fixture, what is left, after the machining is one side of the ESS fitting. It is then flipped back over, and the other side is made. The pieces machined into the block to hold the part down after then machined off in a large vertical miller, and the flanges are manually machined to the final dimension to fit against the fuselage. This part is then riveted onto the frame. When the fittings are removed, what is see are the "bosses" sticking out of the fuselage where the ESS winglets are attached. Blacks hawks capable of having ES fittings but not using them at the moment have these bosses visible. The are covered with a protective fairing. The modification can be done in the field to any Blackhawk Helicopter, and quite a few, if not most of the fleet were supposed to be modified to be able to use the ESS system.

A Blackhawk carrying only fuel tanks has a phenominal range. I have never seen it posted correctly so I won't, but it is quite a large range, making the helicopter able to ferry itself to rather far places for use in combat. The photo below shows the area between the machine gunners position and the side door where the boss is located, and the bulkhead frame piece is attached, the 2 hard points by the landing gear can also be seen, also covered with a protective fairing.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:41 PM

I to worked at Sikorsky, (small world) the picture is of the Australian S-70A/UH-60A with the added ESSS mounts. I was one of the Proposal managers on the program.

A silly bit of trivia: The 60 was designed for +3.5 G maneuvers and the ESSS was also designed for 3.5G, but somewhere in the calculations the engineers forgot to see whether a H-60 with a full load on the ESSS (1500 lbs on both wings) was good to 3.5 G - it was not, so boron straps were fastened between the attachment brackets on the first 60A conversions and new build airframes got a stronger frame at that location.
Thongar
Old 10-14-2012, 02:36 AM

Bad news My friends. All my data was stored on 1,8 inch HDD in HP notebook. And i dont have possibilty to check hdd is dead or mainboard. 1,8 inch (used in ipod) hdd cost to much. And data recovery from 1,8 inch cost huge amount of cash. Design isn't problem the problem is that i lost all my reference data. I started work on full time since I have family. And I dont have to much time. In free time i'm finishing 3d printer of my own design. But there is a god news. I love paper modeling and I want back to design and make models. So in next month there will be new design thread i thinking about modern military jet for start. Project Blackhawk will be suspended untill I rebuild my reference library.

Regrads Jack
Old 10-14-2012, 04:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 209.22 MB
Hello Jack,

indeed that is a catastrophy for you. You spended so much time, passion and knowledge to construct such a fine model. But it's really a very good news to hear that you won't give up.

And never forget: Even a project isn't finished yet, everybody here in the forum (and elsewhere in other fora, too) appreciate your work and it will leave great marks for the community.

Thank you!

Greetings
Gerald
Old 01-22-2013, 05:21 AM

Hey I get my data Back 15 minutes ago! project will be alive again !

This is very happy day
Google Adsense