PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Combatmodels projects

Old 12-28-2011, 01:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
One question and one remark:
1. Please make the Pavehawk available for download because I am a fan of this bird. I always wanted to build one of the latest ones with all those flare lauchers, antennas, ECM-stuff, radar on the middle of the "nose", ...
2. Will it be a free download (either the Pave or the Jayhawk)?

Edit: Your bird looks awesome until now!
Old 12-28-2011, 03:23 AM
Banned

You have set a high standard with that fuselage. I have made virtually every part in that main rotor and that is where most of these models fail miserably. The Rotor System itself would make a great model. For all the trouble you are going through, I would really consider tying in the main rotor with the tail rotor so they spin at the correct ratio and make the blades able to set in collective and cyclic positions. I worked at Sikorsky for almost 10 years. That would make this the quintessential Pave Hawk / Blackhawk, as there are some nice ones out there already. Just a suggestion, as you have started out so well! Good Luck!!

Last edited by Zathros; 12-28-2011 at 03:35 AM.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:54 AM

I have a huge documentation for pavehawk for example

I don't plan to give it free. I have a children in the way so I need some money for my family
Old 12-28-2011, 07:23 AM

@combat: That is acceptable ... There are rumors that children need a lot of money ...

Your bird looks quite large - which scale did you use? How large will it be when it is complete?

Greetings from Germany
Old 12-28-2011, 09:46 AM

its 1:33 scale it will have almost 60 cm lenghtit will be a big bird
Google Adsense
Old 12-28-2011, 10:00 AM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
Wow, nice way to introduce yourself, where have you been hiding?
Old 12-28-2011, 10:09 AM

I have couple years of experience in CAD design 5 years of building scratch paper models. I Have 26 years in next month I will have a wife I work for printing house/ creative agency. I program in C#, PHP, most of time is graphic design, and webdesign. I have acces to laser cutter and many more gear. So I decided to make my own publisher house and I want to make 6 models per year. I have plans for next models, printed models and maybe I will make some small 1:72 vehicles series like Maz 537 with trailer and BMP or something like that. I have a huge documentation collection.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatmodel View Post
I have a huge documentation for pavehawk for example
I don't plan to give it free. I have a children in the way so I need some money for my family
Free for something of this quality is a bit much, but you can't blame people for asking. I think people don't realize how much goes into making and producing a high quality model. This is why though I have finished the models I have designed, I have not reliasd them because while I could build it, I don't offer much in how I do it.

I have handled, cut, milled and drilled, tapped, virtually every hole on those main and tail rotor systems. the rear retaining planes were made out of solid titanium and had a box dimension of +- .0002", of course, after you were done, and they were treated, they went up to the flight line and were "wrenched" into place. I wrote the program for making that part. The squash plate for the main rotor was a cast piece and the Beryllium Bushing's had to be cut to size after being bonded it, on a manual milling machine. Real pain in the but job only 3 people were trusted too.

To me, in my most humble opinion, this model calls for mixed media. Some of the putties discussed here would be perfect . Having people make paper molds and casting the rotor assembles could be done by layering up the forms. Just an idea. I am sorry if I sound obnoxious. I worked on the prototype Blackhawks and other variants and this brings back a flood of memories! I'll leave you alone now.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:21 AM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
Keep us informed, you'll get some followers for sure, including me
Old 12-28-2011, 10:28 AM

I know that I must prepare laser version of main rotor and a paper version what will be as details as possible. I building a model but i make this thred to listen You Guys. It is for better model not for hearing how awesome is my model. I want to make some money of course but at first I want to make the most detailed and real as possible model that everyone who want to have a pavehawk blackhawk jayhawk or something what he want can have on his bookshelf
Google Adsense