PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The Comedy stand

Old 12-03-2010, 08:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 110.00 MB
Hercules vs. the Falcon

Hercules vs. the Falcon
A C-130 "Hercules" cargo plane, an Air Force workhorse since 1954, was flying over the Persian Gulf on a mission when a cocky pilot in an F-16 "Fighting Falcon" fighter flew up next to him.

The fighter jock got on the radio and told the C-130 pilot, "Watch this!" and promptly went into a barrel roll followed by a steep climb. He then finished with a sonic boom as he broke the sound barrier.
The F-16 pilot asked the C-130 pilot what he thought of that.
The C-130 pilot said, "That was impressive, but watch this!"
The C-130 droned along for about 5 minutes, and then the C-130 pilot came back on the radio and said, "What did you think of that?"
Puzzled, the F-16 pilot asked, "I didn't see anything. What the hell did you do?"
The C-130 pilot chuckled, "I stood up, stretched my legs, went to the back, took a leak, then got a cup of coffee and a sweet roll."
Google Adsense
Old 12-03-2010, 09:43 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Now that is FUNNY lol
Old 12-03-2010, 10:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 967.02 MB
here is a couple similar i found

From AW (Mar 2010):
I met an SR-71 pilot a few years ago. (SR-71 was the USAAF advanced 'stealth' reconnaissance aircraft known as the Blackbird). He told me this story from his first flight with a new co-pilot: An SR-71 and crew were flying over Southern California when a bug smasher came on the airwaves in a dorky voice: Cessna 152: Ground Control, What's my airspeed? Ground Control: 100 at FL 100. A few moments later a cocky voice came on: Mooney M20: Ground Control, What's MY airspeed? Ground Control: 240 at FL 240. By this time the SR pilot was seething, but since communications were the duty of his new co-pilot, he remained silent. A few moments of radio silence passed, and in the calmest voice imaginable the co-pilot keyed in: SR-71: Ground Control, What's our airspeed? Ground Control: 1875 at FL 800. There were no more speed checks called in that afternoon, and the pilot knew that he had a cool partner in the back seat.
From Dave (Mar 2010):
I was told this story by an air traffic controller from his time at a joint military/civilian airport. An F-4 (USAAF fighter jet) pilot requested clearance to take off, but due to the amount of civilian traffic the ATC told him he'd have to hold. After a repeated impatient request by the F-4 to take-off the ATC suggested that if the pilot could reach 14,000ft within half the runway length he could take off; otherwise he would have to hold. To the ATC's surprise the F-4 pilot acknowledged the tower and began to roll. At the halfway mark the F-4 went vertically up until he reached 14,000ft, then levelled off. The ATC had no option than to hand the pilot over to departures and wish him a nice day, since he'd met the conditions laid down. The ATC said it was the darndest thing he ever saw.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 110.00 MB
Those are good stories. :-)
Old 12-04-2010, 05:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulf111 View Post
here is a couple similar i found
From Dave (Mar 2010):
I was told this story by an air traffic controller from his time at a joint military/civilian airport. An F-4 (USAAF fighter jet) pilot requested clearance to take off, but due to the amount of civilian traffic the ATC told him he'd have to hold. After a repeated impatient request by the F-4 to take-off the ATC suggested that if the pilot could reach 14,000ft within half the runway length he could take off; otherwise he would have to hold. To the ATC's surprise the F-4 pilot acknowledged the tower and began to roll. At the halfway mark the F-4 went vertically up until he reached 14,000ft, then levelled off. The ATC had no option than to hand the pilot over to departures and wish him a nice day, since he'd met the conditions laid down. The ATC said it was the darndest thing he ever saw.
I heard this one, but that it was an F-15, rather than an F-4.

P.S.: You don't have to hit return at the end of each line. The forum has an automatic word-wrap function. It took me quite a while to take all the gaps out of your post to quote you. Hope this helps...
Google Adsense
Old 12-04-2010, 07:35 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
There is also one story of a couple of Fighter Jocks buzzing a B-52, and the exchange is similar to the Herc/Falcon, but for -52, they shut down 4 engines
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 12-04-2010, 07:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
I heard the same story involving a C-5, except the time was 10 minutes, cause the pilot took a jog around the cargo bay.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 35.0 KB
There was one in Readers Digest once about a KC-135 sheperding a bunch of F-15's across the Atlantic, only the pilot asked the fighter jock to do it again when his copilot got back from getting his steak out of the oven.

My models available for sale @ Gremir and Ecardmodels