PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The Comedy stand

Old 05-19-2020, 10:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
New Ford Pickup Option in Alaska

Just found out that Ford has a new option here in Alaska. If you purchase a new 2020 Ford Pickup you can order the heated tail gate option with both sides being heated.

Everybody knows about the outside so your hands don't get cold when pushing, but now the other side is heated.

Once you've reached the point of not being able to push anymore, flip the tail gate down and you now have a heated butt warmer while waiting for a tow.

A special bonus for this double heated option is the free rear-bumper heater.

Scientific investigation has proven kids with warm hands can push further than those with cold fingers.

Mike
Google Adsense
Old 05-24-2020, 10:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
I'm hoping you're just being sarcastic about some of the options they have on pickups now. Like that tailgate with the multiple opening options and such on Chevrolet. I bet what that would cost to replace was more what we paid for the entire pickup we had on the farm when I was a kid...and one good headbutt from a cow and there it goes.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:12 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Quote:
Originally Posted by whulsey View Post
I'm hoping you're just being sarcastic.
He did post it in the Comedy Stand
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 05-25-2020, 10:21 AM

Never been good at reading the fine print at the top or bottom of the page/
Old 05-25-2020, 10:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 143.70 MB
Ford may just run with it. We laughed at seat warmers.
Google Adsense
Old 05-25-2020, 11:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by whulsey View Post
I'm hoping you're just being sarcastic about some of the options they have on pickups now. Like that tailgate with the multiple opening options and such on Chevrolet. I bet what that would cost to replace was more what we paid for the entire pickup we had on the farm when I was a kid...and one good headbutt from a cow and there it goes.
Cattle Ranch Northern Utah, place called Lynn, UT is where I spent my teenage years. 68' Ford pick up with I-beams, toughest truck on the planet! Soon owned a 1956 Ford Pick-up, (my first pick up truck-would like to still have it!!!) with the small back window, 6-cylinder two wheel drive. Had to know how to use the slack in the steering wheel when trying to drive a straight line. Bought from a friend for $25, needed the hex shaft that drove the distributor/oil pump. Traded to a friend for motocross parts. He turned it into a lifted 4x4. Still has it.

Then we got a Dodge clubcab, the first year they were available.

All the cows had to do was look at it, major dent. Bet the steel body was 1/3 the thickness of the '68.

Lynn is an interesting place, it is where the Pioneers split to go the California or Oregon Trails. They called it the Junction.

Just drove two brand new vehicles. One was a new Volvo SUV with everything, lane assist, showed speed limit signs on the dash each time you passed one, cruise was like auto drive, too close left or right lane? vibration in the steering wheel and would steer towards center, this option was hard to use if road has ruts! Blindspot lights (loved these) on the outside mirrors.

The cruise control would automatically slow down and follow the vehicle ahead at a safe distance. Really liked this option until we hit Anchorage traffic. That will get you run over in city traffic, car in front decided to do a lane change, they slowed down to let several cars past. My rental Subaru slammed on the brakes with a big lifted truck behind me close to my bumper. I floored the thing! Immediately turning the cruise off. Highway entering Anchorage goes for a few miles and then you hit a stop light. This was on a 4-lane freeway with plenty of lanes to choose, why the car in front did what it did caught me and the car off guard.

BTW- That rented Subaru had a major factory defect. Writing up a report to send to them. The day my son drove with me to Anchorage to get my new car, we rented a Subaru with all the bells and whistles. After leaving Soldotna and getting on the highway to Anchorage. We settled down to a 160-mile drive through the Kenai Peninsula mountains. Set the cruise control at 60mph as it was sunny, the roads were dry, and it was warm.

Soon my son says, "Dad, this car has a major factory defect.".

"What?"

"Yep, major defect, its sunny out and this Subaru is doing over 45mph without a row of cars behind it."

COVID-19: Had to use a rental car, no flights to Anchorage, son helped shuttle cars from Wasilla to Anchorage after our drive from Kenai to Wasilla. Dropped rental off at Anchorage airport and drove new car home. 2016 Chrysler 200 Limited.

I load allot of pickups with welding gas cylinders. The best option I've seen is the ladders! Boy do they make it nice getting in and out of the bed.

Yes, just having fun.

Mike

Last edited by mbauer; 05-25-2020 at 11:29 AM. Reason: History-car options
Old 05-26-2020, 11:21 AM

Those I beam Fords were tough trucks about the only ones that could top them were 50's Power Wagons or IH R series.