PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The Comedy stand

Old 08-04-2009, 09:02 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
A load from Home Depot

Home Depot Customer

My friends, I give you . .THE DUMBEST GUY ON EARTH!

This picture is real and was taken by a Transportation Supervisor for a company that delivers building materials for 84 Lumber. When he saw it in the parking lot of IHOP, he went to buy a camera to take pictures.

The car is still running, as can be witnessed by the exhaust.

The driver finally came back after the police were called, and was found crouched behind the rear of the car, attempting to cut the twine around the load!
Luckily, the police stopped him and had the load removed.

The materials were loaded at Home Depot. Their store manager said they made the customer sign a waiver.

While the plywood and 2X4s are fairly obvious, what you can't see is the back seat, which contains -- are you ready for this? -- 10 bags of concrete @ 80 lbs. each!

They estimated the load weight at 3000 lbs. Both back tires exploded, the wheels bent and the rear shocks were driven through the floorboard.
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense
Old 08-04-2009, 09:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 135.14 MB
lololololololololololol

Sorry, i still cannot stop myself from laughing. lolololololololololol!
Old 08-04-2009, 10:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
I've seen this one before. But I still laugh every time. Makes me happy to have something with some cargo and towing capacity when it comes to trips to Lowe's. :p
Old 08-05-2009, 02:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
The same picture but always differs in explanation, from place to place.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
Quote:
The same picture but always differs in explanation, from place to place.
Reguardless............ the driver is still just plain stupid.

My Drawings
Google Adsense
Old 08-05-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bowden View Post
Reguardless............ the driver is still just plain stupid.
I agree 200%. :D
Old 08-06-2009, 04:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.98 MB
loading cargo

remember seing pics of loading a B747 Freighter(at Stockholm airport if i remeber correctly)
what they do is they put a support strut under fuselage in the aft to prevent it from tipping over when loading
in this case they forgot it and when they started to push the cargo to the back in the process...
waddaya think happened :D
offcourse it tipped over with severe damage to the fuselage and slight problems getting the cargo out again
just wonder if the guy in charge got sacked after that
Old 08-14-2009, 01:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Being out on the streets for 10 plus hours a days in my job, you couldn't believe some of the things I see. I have enough trouble believing them as I see them. And no its not "what was that guy thinking" because if he was thinking he wouldn't do something that stupid.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:22 AM

2Kamser:
The B727 (-231 specifically in this story) used the rear entrance ramp in the same fashion. For those old enough to remember D.B. Cooper, this is how he got off the airplane in flight - the ramp is powered by two substantial struts and strong enough to support much of the weight of the airplane.

Standard procedure with 727's was to lower the ramp as soon as it came to a stop at the gate.

Well, we were working a flight that was running well over an hour late inbound with a lot of passengers making connecting flights - enough to hold those flights, and for each of those gate crews to send a tug and a cart to collect baggage as soon as possible. The airplane came into the gate and there was pandemonium as dozens of people scurried to get their bags and be on their way. In the confusion no one put the ramp down.

The foreward bag pit was lightly loaded with local baggage - quickly removed lightening the nose. All of the passengers of course moved foreward towards the exit, which kept the nose on the ground, but as they deplaned the balance shifted aft again. The nose started to rise.
About the time the nose gear strut was at full extension, the system that automatically keeps the Jetway - the passage to the aircraft - aligned with the door reached a limit switch, and amit a flurry of flashing lights and warning horns began to retract. Much to the surprise of the last few passengers and crew waiting to get off.

The line mechanic arrived screaming about the ramp, and everyone within earshot made a mad dash for safety as he wrenched open the panel and yanked the lever that operated the ramp. From a safer, more distant viewpoint we could see that the nose wheel was bobbing about a hand's width above the tarmac. The ramp deployed, and grinding with effort finally lifted the back end of the plane and locked in place.
A slightly sobered crew finished the unloading, reflecting that there are much worse things than missed flights and slow luggage.

(TWA, Lambert Field, St louis (STL) circa 1989 - I was working the forward bag pit)

Last edited by shrike; 08-15-2009 at 09:32 AM.