PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Papermodelers' Bar and Grill > The Comedy stand

Old 09-26-2009, 06:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.38 MB
A family story - bats, uncle and aunt

My uncle, aunt and the bats

Starring: Kai (my uncle) and Susanne (my uncle's wife), about 18 bats (as in "little fluttering animals"), two police officers and a cat, sort of.

It was a fall night and Kai was fast asleep, Susanne joined him in bed, but didn't stay there for long. She sat up, screaming, then waking her husband, who was still fast asleep (you need some time to wake an Amsberg). At first she thought she had heard/ seen some birds (first scolded the cat for making noise), who had come in the bedroom window. What they did see (once Susanne had actually gotten Kai out of sleep) defied all explanation: a flock of bats had invaded their bedroom.

Screaming, covered in their bedsheets and trembling they ran into the living room. To no avail, to their horror they had to realize, that the bats had invaded the whole flat, with the exemption of the kitchen. So that was their sanctuary for the moment. From there they called the police. Yep, the police. Shows how nuts the little buggers drove them. Susanne told them the story and the police didn't believe them at first, hanging up on them. Susanne called again and got them to come over.

When the officers arrived the bats had invaded the rest of the flat and attacked the officers once they arrived. Said officers got freaked out as well and hid in above mentioned kitchen (still fairly bat free). Where they came up with a battle plan.

They came out of their hideout, still screaming and hitting at the little animals, and opened the window. Which got them rid of a few of the flying terrors. Then they tried it with music, Daniel Küblböck, to be precise. That scared the bats off (I feel for them, Küblböck is true horror). Window closed.

Susanne and Kai said good-bye to the police officers and (since they were too afraid to go to bed) got onto their couch. Susanne wondered if they really had gotten all of the little buggers out, as she had counted 18 bats and the officers only 17.

The last bat became breakfast for the cat.

They were both very embarrased in front of the police. And I'd still like to know why, on earth, they did not just call their niece (namely me), who would have rid them of their sleep-thieves without police-involvement. I love bats!

I hope this little story (which really happened, even a TV channel brought it) got a few chuckles out of you.

best wishes Michiru
Google Adsense
Old 10-04-2009, 07:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
That is amusing. Althought the problem with something like that happening here in Arizona would be worrying about rabies if you were bitten and the poor cat would have to be put in quarantine for a couple of weeks.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.38 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by whulsey View Post
That is amusing. Althought the problem with something like that happening here in Arizona would be worrying about rabies if you were bitten and the poor cat would have to be put in quarantine for a couple of weeks.
Germany is, thanks gods, a rabies free country. So, no worries there.
Besides, there are vaccines against rabies.

best wishes Michiru
Old 10-05-2009, 05:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Here in Az, we are more likely to be invaded by scorpions or Black Widows. These are the critters that I and my friends are all dealing with. Not nearly as amusing as your uncle's bats.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 13.79 MB
In Florida, we also have bats, scorpions, and black widows. But we don't mind them too much since they are the best things to get rid of mosquitoes, fireants, and termites.

The problem we Floridians often have is finding a 3 to 5 foot gator in our swimmingpool, and they can climb over a chain-link fence to get to it too.
Google Adsense
Old 10-05-2009, 06:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
Certainly not something I'd want to happen in Queensland - the bats are usually fruit bats (wingspan 80cm) and they often carry Lyssavirus - a rabies relative. We get "bat week" when the big Torreliana on the block flowers but fortunately they haven't decided the house is a good place to invade.

Regards,

Charlie