PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > CT Ertz's projects

Old 02-19-2010, 10:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
CSS North Carlolina

Some of you may have seen my ironclad CSS Raleigh I have over in the downloads section of the Paper Modelers forum. I have been trying to make the sister ship, CSS North Carolina fo some time now but I have never been happy with the color. The North Carolina was the same basic lay out as the Raleigh but was left unpainted. Sitting in the salty water, and do to bad engines it never moved, the thing rusted up, then the bottom fell out of it do to worm damage and it sank at its moorings.

Anna came to my rescue and worked magic on the plate armor. You know her most resent work on Roman's airplane models. She does a wonderful job. I have attached a shot of her color job on the armor.

I hope to have the CSS North Carolina up soon, complete with out houses and awning masts. This will basically be a great recolor of the Raleigh, with a few additional parts and real minor changes.

I want to thank Roman for putting me in touch with her!

CT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rust.jpg (38.5 KB, 22 views)
Google Adsense
Old 02-19-2010, 10:18 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
very cool! Anna does some great work
Chris
Old 02-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Her recolors are exquisite aren't they? Her work might allow you to up the price for this release Corey. Just my opinion of course.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:12 PM

Yes her work is wonderful! I am also going to see if she wants to liven up my Virginia II to make the ship look as it did after the battle at Trent's Reach. Flaking gray paint/rust, dented and cracked plates, and gun powder soot around the gun ports and on the fore and aft deck under and inline with the gun ports.

If she wants to do more ironclads, her work opens the door for me to attempt some projects that I might not otherwise do. I really want to try the Extremely rusted but deadly Arkansas, for example. I am guessing Anna will be able to make the rusted rail armor look like rusted rails!

We shall see, she said she has enjoyed the Raleigh so far.

CT
Old 02-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
if you guys think he is under charging feel free to buy two copies heh heh, really though, the quality has done nothing besides go up! As detail improves and kit quality goes up, price is sure to follow suit....
Chris
Google Adsense
Old 03-17-2010, 11:32 AM

OK, I got this one ready. Anna did a great job and I think my test build came out pretty good. It has been a while. I have been making plane models for a bit so it was nice to build a boat again, even if it was my own design!