PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > CT Ertz's projects

Old 09-30-2011, 03:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
I've done a quick recolor and printed it out. I'm adding black dots by hand for rivets. But with houseguests coming, I don't think I'll be able to get to it till next week sometime.
Chris
Old 09-30-2011, 03:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Cool. I have to work all weekend. I will be back at it on Monday I hope.
CT
Old 09-30-2011, 04:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I've printed it out with all good intentions, but it's still up to my parenting schedule whether someone beats me to it this week.

I've been having a ball just trying to wrap my mind around how that thing's made up in there! How's the power transmission accomplished, how's the turret rotate with two guys in stationary seats ducking under the gun's breech, how's the engineer run from behind and backwards--that last must've taken a bit of persuading--but then the French had little trouble finding gunners to sit in the SPAD SA.2 catbird seat, so who knows.

It's fun to back-engineer like this, but it's not real important. As CharlieC cautions (& thanks for linking to the well-thought-out Landships comments), we're speculating all over this thing, based on concept drawings only--the actual nuts & bolts of a mechanism don't necessarily get put into a patent drawing, just the principles that establish new property.

'Duster
Old 09-30-2011, 07:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Still, it does look like it could have been made to work, unlike some of the other idea that came up, like the Tsar Tank, which was little more than a giant tricycle, thinly armed, that would have been extemely vunerable to artillery fire!
Old 10-09-2011, 08:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
I got a camo version done.
Attached Thumbnails
Burstyn tank of 1912 with trench crossing legs-burstyn-1912cover-camo.jpg