PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > CT Ertz's projects

Old 01-24-2012, 05:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Sounds like me and sewing historic clothing! That turned into a 70 hour a week job back in the good old days. Burn out set in after a while. After 15 years I now haven't sewn a stitch for over a year now...
Old 04-10-2012, 03:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hey 'duster. Did you ever get round to making the paddles? If so do you have any tips?
Old 04-10-2012, 06:47 PM

AH!! --no.

If you follow my posts (and--what? Don't you have a girlfriend, or a LIFE, or something?) you'lll notice two oft-repeated phrases:
""It's a HOBBY, not a JOB!"
and
"Life Gets In The Way."
--Soooo, wull....no, I haven't put the paddles on this one. Had a ball getting this far, and then my daughter threatened to get kicked out of Mom's house and become homeless. Hobby--can wait.

But I got a couple ideas.

The small arc of paddles on the printout works pretty okay at this scale. Passing that--

Simplest would be, cut some strip of the width of the buckets and color it. Cut to the length of the buckets and color the ends. Done and ready.
Now, stare a long time at the side of your steamboat, focusing on that dot in the "center" of the paddlebox. In your mind's eye, fix that spot as the center of a circle around which you will glue THREE buckets, end-on, to the hull at about 75, 90, 105 positions.
Then, with fine tweezers--
(Momentary pause, allowing time to rush out to Harbor Freight for fine tweezers)
(In case you need 'em; if not, get some ice tea. I'm comin' back now, in three, two, one--)
--you dip one end of each bucket in a drop of Tacky and touch that end to your hull, at the spot you held in your mind's eye (what's that even mean, anyway?) as the perimeter of the circle. Hold 'til its kinda steady, then repeat two more times.
Now, bend a tiny bit of wire to glue on the outside of your arc, to stand in as the outer iron circle. Done.

I had one other idea, but I decided it's not as good.

'Duster
Old 04-11-2012, 10:50 AM

My minds eye is struggling with working out what you mean!! If you had done them a picture would have probably helped! I'll have a go and see what I come up with. IF it's any good I shall share!!
Old 04-11-2012, 10:51 AM

Would be good if it was a job :-)
Google Adsense
Old 04-11-2012, 01:03 PM

Corey, I believe i've come across a couple of minor errors so far.
Part 11- One of the wall sections (one of the 'corners') is plain black. I'm assuming this is an error and it should match the other walls?

Part 12- The white blank wall that the tab attaches to isn't long enough by quite a bit.

Hope that makes sense. No big issues, but if you know you can update the file and keep your customers happy!