PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Current Contests, Competitions, and Challenges

Old 10-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Ecardmodels.com contest

I would like to invite everyone to participate in Ecardmodels.com first contest! Please understand that all build threads should be done HERE. I will link to all entries from a central location on my shop forums.
Thanks!
Chris

1. Contest will end November 30th at midnight central time (where I live)
2. A build thread of a model available at Ecardmodels along with a final review of the product needs to be completed at forum of choice
3. Any model PURCHASED from any of our designers is allowed to be used regardless where it was purchased - meaning that they can also get the models from the designers personal site if available.
4. Models purchased in the past also qualify for this contest.
5. Modifications/additions to the model are not allowed. They must be built as designed. Non paper components can be used should the design itself call for them
6. Models should be built in the scale intended. If desired a second build can be done in an alternate scale for review purposes but wont be used in judging.
7. Please format all subject lines similar to Ecardmodels contest, Designer <insert designers name here>, <insert models name here>, builder <insert your name here>
Example subject: Ecardmodels contest, Designer:Nobi, 1/32 Blackburn Firebrand TF.5, Builder cgutzmer

Prizes:
ALL people to complete a build thread and a review will recieve a model of equal or lesser value for free from Ecardmodels.com
The grand prize winner will get triple the value of their model built and the runner up will get double. For example - if the grand prize winner built one of sergeys planes at 6 dollars he would get to spend up to $18 on models. if the second place winner built Trent henry's colt .45 he would get up to $20 to spend.

After the contest is over I will put a final pic of each model (maybe two) into the contest thread and a vote will be held at ecardmodels.com for the winners

Review info needed (more is welcome):
Minimum of four pictures - right, left, top and bottom
Ratings 1-10
Parts fit
former fit
graphics/lines alignment
Instruction sheet (if one is not present, was it needed?)
Texture quality (resolution and design).
Overall impression
Will this model scale well up/down if desired
Least favorite part of build
Favorite part of build
Old 10-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Design Admin

I just wanted to add that this offer does extend to any and all communities on the internet. If you frequent any other forums please feel free to post this competition as well (just make sure that I find out about the entries somehow so I can link to the threads!)
Thanks
Chris
Old 10-03-2008, 02:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I will translate the rules for portuguese, and put on my forum.

And I have a model to build, the HA-137 that I bought from Roman Vasyliev. I printed it long time ago and don't started it yet.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Design Admin

Excellent
Chris
Old 10-04-2008, 08:43 AM
Design Admin

Hey all,
I have had a good heart to heart chat with Wildman (on the papermodel google group)...

He had many concerns about this contest and my intentions. I feel I should clarify what this contest is for. Here are some cut and pastes from or conversations (somewhat modified based on follow up discussion)

Your own rules state that only purchased models are allowed (RULE 3) - this is true, however I allow purchase direct from the deigner as well plus I allow the build of a previously purchased model. Also every participant gets a free model of equal value. After further discussion I have decided to change the rules - see below for rules recap (plus will change in first post)

That our correcting problems and errors on models is disallowed (RULE 5) I never said you could not correct problems, I just want it to be built as intended to be built. See rule 5 below - it has been changed

Or building in a different or more useful scale is Rejected (RULE 6). I also said you can build in a differnet scale but it wouldnt be used in judging. My need for this rule is so I can get pictures of the build as it would print out normally in the scale intended. see rule 6 change below

And worst and MOST unreasonable that all build threads MUST be Forced Upon other webpages such as PapermodelsII. This is a misunderstanding - rule number two is to put the build thread on the forum of your choice. I built this communicationmainly to go to forums and forgot to take out the HERE when I posted on this group. Typically when posting at a forum most takers would build on that forum... here is my reason for doing that: I will be linking to each thread from my site. This will create links to the sites doing the builds. This improves their rankings in search engines and makes them more visible to any spiders that visit my site. The main intent for my site is for designing models and for shop info. I much prefer to promote the communities that already exist for building models and learning new build techniques. Another reason for this is I dont want to force people away from the communities they already know and love to come do a build on my site (especially since my site is not intended to be used for any builds other than beta builds. ) See Note B

1. Contest will end November 30th at midnight central time (where I live)
2. A build thread of a model available at Ecardmodels along with a final review of the product needs to be completed at site of choice
3. Any model available for purchase (see note A below) from any of our designers is allowed to be used regardless where it was purchased - meaning that they can also get the models from the designers personal site if available.
4. Models purchased in the past also qualify for this contest.
5. Modifications/additions to the model are not allowed. They must be built as designed. Non paper components can be used should the design itself call for them. If there is a problem you may of course let us know so we can improve the model and correct it yourself as well.
6. Models can be built in any scale however if you build in a scale smaller than designed you must be able to include all details in the original model.
7. Please format all subject lines similar to Ecardmodels contest, Designer <insert designers name here>, <insert models name here>, builder <insert your name here>
Example subject: Ecardmodels contest, Designer:Nobi, 1/32 Blackburn Firebrand TF.5, Builder cgutzmer

Note A: Anyone interested in participating in this contest. May contact me direct to get any ONE model of their choice from ecardmodels.com for free. I will only be giving out one free model of each type so its first come first served basis. Also please only request a model if you plan on participating in the contest and give me a list of your top three choices in case yours is alreay taken. I may have to disallow a choice should the designer not wish his model shared in this manner.

Note B: I will create a place on my forum for those that prefer to not place these builds elsewhere. I do however encourage people to build on their site of choice. If you have your own blogs or any other means of posting a public build on the internet that is also acceptable (really any means of posting it on the net is good!)
Old 10-04-2008, 09:20 AM
Design Admin

I will also need to change how judging works. People that pay (paid at some point) for their model are still eligible for the prize payouts. Those that get a free model have to be done differently - first and second place for those get bragging rights for their builds. I hope you understand!
Thanks,
Chris
p.s. I really need to mention that my overall intent for this competition is to get great pics of the finished builds and to get the designers a solid representation of builds on the net. I want people to see the quality of the models they are designing.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Chris,

I have found no limitation of the number of builds per person. Am I right that the number is unlimited?

Cheers, iC
Old 10-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Design Admin

unluimited for purchased models - one for a freebie got something in mind?
Chris
Old 10-10-2008, 08:40 AM
Design Admin

FREE MODELS! Hopefully that gets people attention

I am giving away one free model to each person up front to anyone that requests a model. Only requirement is a build thread and review of the model. Please only request if you are able to complete the build before end of contest. Also please give me a list of three models you are interested in building - I will only be giving away one model of each that I offer (over 200 now). If you have no preference let me know that and I will pick one for you or you can give me a genre and I can pick one!

People that participate in the paid portion of the competition still get 3 times their model value in free models and second place still gets 2 times their model value in free models. ALL other participants get a free model value $8 and under (the vast majority of the models are in this range) on completion of the contest.

People that participate in the free up front portion of the competition get one free model up front and the top three in this category get one free model value $8 and under (the vast majority of the models are in this range)
Thanks
Chris
Old 10-23-2008, 04:24 AM
Design Admin

ok, I just gotta ask.... is no one interested in this for some reason? How come? I figured with offering free models that can normally only be purchased there would be at least a couple people that would be interested...
Thanks
Chris