PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Current Contests, Competitions, and Challenges

Old 07-15-2009, 07:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Congrats to all who won or competed! I agree that everyone's a winner. Great contest and some impressive models (except for that #@#&%@ Lenin car!).
And my personal thanks to all you guys who continued to give such great support along the way; it really made the journey worth it!
Chris
Old 07-15-2009, 08:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Congrats to all participants, and thank-you to Todd for running this great challenge.

Kevin - Well deserved congratulations, a very impressive build of a subject that would be difficult regardless of the designer.

Chris - thanks for sticking it out with the "#@#&%@ Lenin car", it really exemplified just how difficult it can be to get any kind of quality build out of these old MM kits. I particularly enjoyed the colour commentary.

Don - I do like the Cunningham-Hall's boots & agree it is fomby, but certainly not 'wabi-sabi'. I have a friend who is visiting Gdansk. Hopefully he will pick me up a couple of the new WAK AFV models. Another tank may be entering dry dock.

BZ to all

~ Cheers
Douglas

Last edited by B-Manic; 07-15-2009 at 09:27 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 21.91 MB
Congrats guys, hope you have room for all the new stuff you're getting
Good picks for sure.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
Thank you all this was fun and I learned new respect for the old MM models. (Don thanks for the fun posting and support) Thanks to Toddlea of course!
Old 07-15-2009, 12:02 PM

Actually I am excited to see the two interwar aircraft, I have always preferred this era, and Leif has done much research on the L-20, Thanks!!:D
Old 07-15-2009, 05:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 1,012.17 MB
Kudos to all who paricipated with completed models!

Unfortunately I could only watch from the sidelines for this one. It may be some time before I can do another contest. All of my printed models have been boxed up for the move which may not happen any time soon. Oh well it's still fun to watch!

Cecil
Old 07-15-2009, 06:45 PM

Cecil hope you can get to those models soon!
Old 07-17-2009, 11:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
I've been out of town all week with no access to a computer. I just got home tonight and WOW! What great news. I'm very honored. Thank you all very much and special thanks to ToddLea for organizing this whole thing.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
I realized I hadn't posted here that I received my prize models. Again - thanks to Todd for putting on the competition, anybody who donated prizes and to all the builders for some fun competition.
Quick reviews:
The Howard Hughes racer is 1/24th scale - which tells me this is a small plane. It's 8 sheets, one of which is glued to cardboard. There is a rudimentary cockpit, including mostly printed details but a separate seat, a 'relief' detailed radial engine (flat piece with bits provided to build up so it looks real) and parts to build either the short or long winged version. The color is a light blue with dark blue wings.
The MM kit is actually the surprise to me. It's a 1977 kit - apparently the 'Town Hall Square in the city of Gdansk'. There are 8 pages of card parts plus 2 more pages of parts on thin paper. This kit is in excellent condition considering it's age. I plan on scanning it when I go to build, but I feel the paper is actually better in this kit than the paper for the Shoki that was 10 years newer. There is obvious yellowing, but given the brick colors I don't believe it would affect a build. I'll see when I get to it (MM contest, architecture contest?) if I need to clean up any of the scan - but at this point I don't think so. Of note, whenever I obtain an MM kit I check the nefarious online sources for a pre-existing scan (I don't mind using their bandwidth and it's not piracy when I own the model) and their scan of this kit is nowhere near the quality of the one I got. So much so that I'll scan this one rather than trying to clean up the existing scan.