PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Contests, Competitions, and Challenges > Current Contests, Competitions, and Challenges

Old 04-20-2009, 08:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Possible contest with $50.00 cash prize

First let me thank everyone who gave me advice on models for our cub scout fund raiser that is coming up in a month or so. Everyone is thrilled with the idea, and the scouts of course love the whole modeling subject anyhow.

In about six month our pack organizer Frank Holmiller will be running the fall event at “Cub World” at the Bert Adams camp here in Georgia. He has done it in the past for both fall and spring camps, and my wife and I have helped him before with crafts. We have been asked to do so this fall as well. Anyway, Frank was asking about a possible model build. The theme is going to be Aerospace. So here is my question, would it be possible or feasible to run a design competition for the model to be used? We expect about 1000 scouts to show up.

The model would need to have the following aspects.
The model should be related to Aerospace-history-modern-or future!
One page of card stock parts.
Parts should be able to be cut out with craft scissors.
The model can advertise the designer and or website.

The designer of course, would keep all rights to the model, but it would be OK for Cub Scout Pack 1755 to reproduce and use at Scout events.

The prize would be $50.00 paid to the winner through Pay-Pal. (My wife is fronting the cash prize) I know that that is such a small sum compared to the work involved in making a model design, but hay, your name will get put into the hands of 1000 scouts! Frank will be the judge, and he will decide which model will be used.

Would anyone be interested? We have some time to figure out the details, but I was wondering if it is a feasible idea?
Google Adsense
Old 04-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Its a good idea....

I will put some thought into it and see if I can drum up some participants
Chris