PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Future, Current, and Past design projects > Dave Winfield's Projects

Old 06-20-2020, 11:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
A couple of pics show you what my RecRoom/Living Room looks like right now!
Other areas in the basement are the same....
carpet partially removed, everything boxed, furniture ready to haul out on Monday.

There are three industrial air movers running and that blue contraption in the second photo
is a giant dehumidifier...its also running constantly! lol
Attached Thumbnails
AirDave's Kool Wheelz Collection-dsc_7069.jpg   AirDave's Kool Wheelz Collection-dsc_7070.jpg  
Old 06-20-2020, 03:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear Friends:
AirDave and I pick on each other in fun for low these many years all in fun, my cats have a Dave Designed cat carrier, I have been a Beer Runner in reverse for Dave traded for Quad Gun Tractor, Sneaking American Beer into Canada. My father and I used to do the opposite Canadian Beer into New York. I want the boarder open again as I have found that there is a Military Museum in old Armory in Downtown Niagara Falls Canada, That I have never been to.
I am looking for a sheet of grass green construction paper to put my collection of Kool Wheels Cars on like a outdoor car show to post here, Any one else can also post a car line up
Hope the fish survive the flood,
Miles
Old 06-20-2020, 03:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 935.52 MB
Yikes! You have my sympathies Dave. The only good news is that at least it was fresh water, and it wasn't sewer backup.

Good luck with the reno, and hopefully you didn't throw out too many models.

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Old 06-20-2020, 03:52 PM

Photo time:
Enjoy,
Miles
Attached Thumbnails
AirDave's Kool Wheelz Collection-img-1010.jpg  
Old 06-20-2020, 09:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 683.22 MB
So sorry to hear of your misfortune. Water and fire and storms are merciless against the things we enjoy. But, as Gary said, at least it is clean water. Looking forward to your future creations once priorities are looked after.

John
Old 06-21-2020, 01:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.63 GB
Hmm... Amazon Prime boat?

Stefan Wulph
Old 06-26-2020, 06:12 PM

This next Koolwheelz model is another update and replacement...of sorts.
It partially replaces an older model and introduces a brand new and original one.
So lets pretend that older Koolwheelz model never existed...

First, the back story...
In 1964, car customizers Mike and Larry Alexander developed a concept and recruited GM car designer Harry Bradley to design a Surf culture inspired pick-up truck, ultimately known as Deora.
The Alexander Brothers built that truck and debuted it in 1967 at the Detroit Autorama Car Show, where it won the coveted Ridler Award.

The Deora name came from the winning entry in a contest sponsored by AMT Plastic Models (who produced a model kit of the vehicle).
Deora was actually a misspelling of the Spanish "golden"...referncing the original paint colour of the vehicle.

The chassis and drivetrain is a 1965 Dodge A100 Pick Up, but the majority of the body was hand-made custom sheet metal work by the Alexander bros.
Although it did incorporate existing body parts from three other vehicles...surprisingly all Fords!
The Deora's unique front opening entry way and windscreen was actually the tailgate and rear window of a Ford Station Wagon.

Chrysler loved the Deora so much...maybe not aware of its Ford content...that they leased the car from the Alexander Brothers for two years as part of their Factory Concept Vehicle collection.
However they repainted it a metallic golden Green colour, before it toured the country as part of the Dodge concept promotion.

Thats how I got see the Deora, in person, back in 1968...it was green...I prefer the Gold...but like many custom car fans, I still fell in love with it.
I owned the original AMT plastic model and bought the original Hot Wheels version when it appeared that same year.
To this day I still think its one of the best customs ever conceived.

Unlike many customs of the time, it wasn't designed to be a "hot rod" with a wild engine and big fat slick tires.
The Deora was an every-day driver, with regular steel wheels, glass belted Firestones, a 225 cubic inch Dodge Slant Six engine and standard 3 speed transmission.

The Deora still exists in private ownership and makes regular appearances at car shows,
and was completely restored in 1998 (renamed Deora II*) with the help of original concept designer Harry Bradley.
*This is the name that appears on the badge on the vehicle, and is not connected to Hot Wheels Deora II designed by Chip Foose.

This is not the Mattel toy Hot Wheels Deora, which has a number of differences to the real Deora...more on that topic at a later date.
This Koolwheelz model is of the original 1965/67 Deora custom truck, as it first appeared when debuted by the Alexander Brothers.
It replaces one of my very first Koolwheelz designs, which was actually a blend of the Hot Wheels toy and the real Deora.

The new Deora model matches the slightly larger scale of my other 60s customs and show car Koolwheelz...its exactly 1/50 scale.
You can find the Alexander Bros Deora in the Showcarz section of Koolwheelz.

Old 06-26-2020, 08:21 PM

Just got to love history, Thanks AirDave for the Back history
Miles
I want a bumper sticker that is This Car stops for Historic Markers
Old 06-27-2020, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Linnabery View Post
Just got to love history, Thanks AirDave for the Back history
Miles
I want a bumper sticker that is This Car stops for Historic Markers
Print on good quality paper.
Clearcoat with good spray to seal and waterproof it.
Cut it out.
Spray the back with Contact Adhesive spray.
Affix to car.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf THIS CAR BUMPER.pdf (9.2 KB, 42 views)
Old 06-27-2020, 08:03 AM

Dear AirDave:
Most wonderful did a print on normal paper and taped to in side of window want to take PDF to a color printer that does 11 by 17 and run on card stock. Hope the photos are right side up.
Thank you,
Miles
Attached Thumbnails
AirDave's Kool Wheelz Collection-img-1029.jpg   AirDave's Kool Wheelz Collection-img-1030.jpg