PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Requests

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2010, 06:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 35.97 MB
Victorian subs I'd like to see for paper modeling

I'm a real fan of real and fictitious Victorian era (and earlier) submarines.
Below are pics of Victorian era subs I'd like to build as paper models.

If anyone here has any paper model sheets of these I sure would like to get them from you. Please let me know if any of you have or know about where to get these subs as paper models.

This below fictitious "steampunk" submarine was created and modeled by Peter Pohle in 3D only, and you can read more about it at the Catalog of Nautilus designs page at this link.....
A Catalog of Nautilus Designs

It is the second to last at the bottom of the page. It looks like it would be a quite complex and involved model, but just look at how great it looks! Does anyone here know if a paper model is available for it? Here's all the pics I have on it.....

Here's Pohle's steampunk sub ramming the submarine "Sword" that I already have the paper model plans for to build later.

Another paper model I would like to have is Robert Kelley's fictitious knife nose Nautilus which is also at the Catalog of Nautilus design page. I especially like the way the conning towers look like pillbox emplacements and I also like the knife style nose ram. This sub kind of reminds me of the Confederate Pioneer sub on steroids. Here's all the pics I have on this one.....

This next below pic of a paper model I would like to have the paper modeling sheets on, is of a fictitious Victorian sub pic I saw at Pat Regan's "Vulcania" website about the Nautilus and all things related to Captain Nemo. I'd really like to model this one especially. Here's the only pic I know of this fictitious Victorian sub.

Jim Humphries fictitious Nautilus is also on the Catalog of Nautilus design page and he has built an RC model of this sub. I'd love to have a set of paper model plans for it. Here's the pic of it below....

Having a paper model of Nemo's sub base at Vulcania to place all my Victorian subs around would be the ultimate Victorian sub diorama. Does anyone know if any paper models of the Vulcania volcano sub base exist? Here's a pic below of that.....

Next on my list of Victorian submarine paper model kits I'd like to acquire, is August Nordenfelt's steam powered sub of 1887 called the "Abdulhamid". Here's two pics of it below....

Next on my want list is Devilleo's 1862 "Alligator". Pic below....

Next is the Garrett/Nordenfelt submarine. Pic below....

Next is the German Nordenfelt sub of 1890. Grandfather of all U boats. Pic below.....

Next is the Gustave Zede. Pic below......

Next is the Plongeur of 1863. Pic below.....

Continued next post due to only 20 pics per post limit.......

Google Adsense