PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Requests

Old 05-25-2011, 09:27 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Plus as I mentioned there are plenty of variants, including the following. Chassis for most of these, along with the body, are the same - so would be a nice design project.

Mk 1
MK 1/1
Mk 1/2
Mk 2
Mk 2/1
Mk 2/2
Mk-2/2 FV701G
Mk 2/3
Mk 2/3 ARV
Mk 2/4 ARV
Mk 2/5
MK 2/6 (FV703)
MK 2/6 Vigilant
Mk 2/7
Mk 3
MK 3/7
Mk 4 (FV711)
MK 4 Bigwheel
MK 4 Swingfire
Mk 5
3 other 1 off Engineer Variants I know of (all British Army only)
1 missile test rig.
Internal Security Variants

I can provide details on the difference between the various Mk's if anyone is interested, though I do not have diagrams
Old 05-25-2011, 09:05 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
As I do design, none of the drawings shown so far have enough info. You need, top, side, front. Back is great, bottom to see details, but without the three main views, it is almost impossible to get the angles right. B-Maniac's drawing is 99% there, and with a top view, it would give an excellent basis for working out a model. Obviously, a good artists can extrapolate anything, but I am talking about a proportional, correct model. A Body done correctly would allow anyone to make any variants they wish. I could probably bang out a body pretty quick if I had the appropriate drawings, and like I said, B-Manics are almost there, if he has a top view and posts it, that would work. As long as they are exact drawings, they do not have to be the same size. I can use parametric scaling to fit them together. Am I taking this on? Maybe! Let's see what reference you guys can come up with. I could not find any good views this afternoon, but I only had about 20 minutes. Busy day.

If I do it, it will be free and cannot be used for any type of monetary gain, No matter who posts what, and whatever reference is used. That is the condition. See being up front is easy!
Old 05-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Zathros

Thank you for the offer. There are some plans available to purchase that should do the trick - I will have a look at the weekend and see what they are like. If they look ok I will buy a couple and then send them to you (will send you a pm for your pvt email).

If not suitable I will look on - there will be plans available somewhere
Old 05-25-2011, 10:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Smile This might help . . .

Zathros

You can download the all MKs Users' Manual here http://ferret-afv.org/manuals/3.05.0...Bookmarked.pdf

It has detailed drawings throughout.

There are a great number of these vehicles in private hands and a number of owners clubs with web sites. I'm sure any information asked for would be supplied if you explained why you needed it.

~Douglas
Old 05-26-2011, 05:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Manic View Post
Zathros

You can download the all MKs Users' Manual here http://ferret-afv.org/manuals/3.05.0...Bookmarked.pdf

It has detailed drawings throughout.

There are a great number of these vehicles in private hands and a number of owners clubs with web sites. I'm sure any information asked for would be supplied if you explained why you needed it.

~Douglas
I could service a Ferret with that for sure. It really does not have enough drawings to reproduce one, but has everything necessary to detail one. If you had a Top view of the picture you posted, that would probably, more than likely be enough.

The drive train arrangement on that vehicle was, well, a little bit over complicated, but would make for an incredible model. I see where the vehicle got it's clearance from, the arrangement would allow for a really high ground clearance, but all those gears and differentials, I can see why they went away from that design. Very cool though.

I am hesitant to contact people I don't know, for a variety of reasons. I am sure "we" will come up with the data necessary.
Google Adsense
Old 05-26-2011, 06:51 PM

Zathros;

link to 1957 user manual - you will find the top view (drawing attached) on page 16.
http://www.ferret-fv701.co.uk/mnuls/...anual_1957.pdf

Ferret Mk 1, 1/1, 2, 2/3, 2/6 Illustrated spare parts breakdown.
http://www.ferret-fv701.co.uk/mnuls/..._list_1969.pdf

Daimler Ferret Manuals
daimler ferret manuals

Top down photo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a sales manual for the Ferret 80 (a similar beast) with views from all sides. Seems to be a proposed improved Ferret from the 80's. It would make a cool model as well.
http://www.ferret-fv701.co.uk/mnuls/...mesmcneely.pdf
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ Douglas
Attached Thumbnails
Ferret Armoured Car-ferret-top.jpg  

Last edited by B-Manic; 05-26-2011 at 06:59 PM. Reason: more cowbell
Old 05-26-2011, 07:04 PM
Banned

Is the top view the Ferret we started out with, or the Ferret 80?
Old 05-26-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
Is the top view the Ferret we started out with, or the Ferret 80?
It is a Daimler Ferret Mk2 recce vehicle as we have been discussing. It is from page 16 of the Daimler Ferret 1957 user manual. There is also an underside hull bottom view on that page.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Banned

Sorry, I missed that, eyes getting tired, long day. These are great references. I am going to try and start on this soon. I am going into the Hospital a week from this Thursday, one day procedure, but a couple of day recovery. I like this vehicle though. Talking with Kevin, I want to make a basic version and leave the variants up to others as they see fit. This is for now, and we'll see how it goes and just how complex we need to go. I tend to like larger size models. I just think you can get more in there. It has to at least be enough to get the little Lego guys in there. You have to be able to play with it.

I happen to like British designs. They have that certain "I don't know what" to them. I also have an MG Midget, 1973, that is begging to be made into a paper model, and there isn't a decent one of them either, though there is a nice Bug Eyed Sprite by Ichyama(sp?). (There are no models of 450SL Mercedes Benz, and I have one of those too that I want to make a paper model of, sometime in the distant future, if I live that long. (starting to drift here).
Old 05-26-2011, 08:40 PM

Don't forget the period variants.

Google Adsense