PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Requests

Old 09-03-2013, 07:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 16.47 MB
engine

more work on the engine block

i found a cross section of the head that i superimposed on the drawing i already had

and a picture of the bottom of the block... although this picture is considerably "fatter" than what would correspond to my existing drawing (the green bar is the space between the frame rails that the engine has to fit into)... so i will just use it as a reference and imitate the structure... but in a skinnier version that will match up with the other drawings

i really need to get my hands on a real tractor to measure and resolve some of this differences
Attached Thumbnails
Caterpillar D7 Armoured Bulldozer-pan.jpg   Caterpillar D7 Armoured Bulldozer-engine-end-view.jpg  
Old 09-03-2013, 09:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.71 GB
I also found the D9R "Doobie" armored bulldozer at SketchUp Warehouse. D9R "Doobi" IDF. by jakednb - 3D Warehouse
Old 10-14-2013, 08:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.17 MB
Great finds guys!

In between working on a plastic plane model on the bench, I have been doing some light research on the D9. A company by the name of Meng, has a great looking plastic kit in 1/35. It's about $50 and my stash is to big and I have been working through it. To many other things like house repairs and work to bog me down with another plastic kit.

I think if I study the prints from the Blue Print web page, make some line drawings to the size I want it, thinking 1/32 maybe bigger, 1/18, I will give it a shot in white card stock, brass wire, duck tape and the kitchen sink, just to see what comes out.

First off, I need to scale up the prints and collect lots of photos. I will keep you all updated.

Sam
SERE Instructor 89-95
Old 10-16-2013, 01:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 6.17 MB
Group;

I think I downloaded every photo and free print I could find on line of the Cat D9 Armored. I can not locate any good views from the top looking down at the D9 and can not find a good inside cab photo.

So far I have not spent a dime on research. I have all kinds of cardstock and odds and ends that I could use. I'm not going to follow any particular scale. I'm just going to make it large so it should be much easier to work with. I will make sure I will add photos on my progress.

If you guys have any other good intel on this topic, please send it my way. I found some great scratch build projects of the D9 on some of the plastic model sites I belong to.

Wish me luck,
Sam
SERE Instructor 89-95
Old 10-19-2013, 01:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 287.62 MB
Sammuel, you should check this link: The Modelling News: Having a doozie with your Doobi? Don’t know your D9’s from your be-hind? This may just be the book for you..
Google Adsense