PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Requests

View Poll Results: Would you build a C130 in same style and scale as alan rose Dc3
yes at any cost 11 16.67%
yes if it were free 17 25.76%
yes if downloadable through ecards 16 24.24%
yes if range of colour schemes 12 18.18%
no interest in this model 19 28.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2013, 10:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 623.63 MB
Great idea, i've had a go at one of airdaves Hercules (spooky) which I enlarged to fit on A3 paper but I couldn't make it work, the model wasn't the problem as it's a well designed model and everything fitted fine at A3 The problem was because because a friend wanted to hang it from his ceiling but at such a large size and even using 2 X 2mm laminated cardboard for the wing struts the wings couldn't take the weight and started to bend.
I think it could work though if I used balsa wood for the support struts but then it wouldn't be a paper model also it would help if I wasn't as fussy about the wings looking as they do on the full size plane (slight perfectionist).
And if airdave designs it I'll defiantly buy it, it will be worth the wait
Old 12-04-2013, 11:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by adder View Post
Great idea, i've had a go at one of airdaves Hercules (spooky) which I enlarged to fit on A3 paper but I couldn't make it work, the model wasn't the problem as it's a well designed model and everything fitted fine at A3 The problem was because because a friend wanted to hang it from his ceiling but at such a large size and even using 2 X 2mm laminated cardboard for the wing struts the wings couldn't take the weight and started to bend.
I think it could work though if I used balsa wood for the support struts but then it wouldn't be a paper model also it would help if I wasn't as fussy about the wings looking as they do on the full size plane (slight perfectionist).
And if airdave designs it I'll defiantly buy it, it will be worth the wait
i have four of daves hanging from my office roof.just made like a little harness that goes for and aft of wings but around body as well.does the trick
Old 12-05-2013, 07:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
adder...thanks for the kind words. The wing spar is pretty strong in this model (I know, because I have a carshed one hanging on my wall, and the Wing spar survived intact!).
But increasing the scale puts exponential load on something made from paper. A six foot wing span will definitely require some new design.

herky...four hercs? and why have I not seen any photos of these yet? I am always begging for photos. please email me something!
Old 12-05-2013, 03:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post
adder...thanks for the kind words. The wing spar is pretty strong in this model (I know, because I have a carshed one hanging on my wall, and the Wing spar survived intact!).
But increasing the scale puts exponential load on something made from paper. A six foot wing span will definitely require some new design.

herky...four hercs? and why have I not seen any photos of these yet? I am always begging for photos. please email me something!
simple reason.i spend all my money on models so dont own a digital camera at mo.will borrow one and load up some pictures for you