PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Requests

Old 05-05-2009, 12:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Help needed on shoulders

Hi I am needing help on making a set of shoulders for my costume and I was wanting to see if someone here can help me out on it below is a ref image of the costumed charact wearing the shoulder pauldrons I am speaking of if someone can help let me know I need to make these by July for a convention.
Space Marine close up on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Google Adsense
Old 05-05-2009, 01:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
go back to that store and steal those!!
they look exactly like what you want.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
if you are willing to lose the curve, you could buy plastic buckets and cut about 1/3 away...maybe even get the right colour?
Old 05-05-2009, 01:34 PM

You might find a round-bottom plastic hanging planter that you could bisect? Some thing like this... http://www.jamaligarden.com/images/detail/1915_DT.jpg
Old 05-05-2009, 01:56 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
A broad problem...

Perhaps you could get one of those outside cable line protective hub covers...or even cut a couple of gallon milk jugs in half, though both would require stripping around the edges to complete the look.

I think I've seen a similar look for utility yard protectors or well covers that are made of a heavy plastic...cut it in half, you'd have two; one for each shoulder.

Or you could use resin or even cheaper, Paper Mache and mold your own!

Slainte,

The DC
Old 05-05-2009, 02:04 PM

I do not know if you have look, but other people have make this already. If you google "warhammer space marine costume" etc. there are many results. Also if you google "make a Gwar costume". Gwar is a band with costume like that and it is very popular seeminly to make Gwar costume and armor.

Now, back in Ukraine, I would say you carve the shape from hard wood and polish it smooth so you can hammer tin or copper sheet over the wooden form!
Old 05-05-2009, 04:21 PM

Thanks guys your ideas are helping a lot I'll probably try to find a pot like that next time I visit a garden store we have one in Little Rock and I'll also look into the Gwar thing, since I've seen a lot of the threads for the Space Marine search and it varies what you get between models and wearable items.
Airdave your idea I just might do I have a bowl shaped piece of plaster I could possibly put on top of the bucket then mache it therefore incorperating yours and DC's ideas into one thanks everyone. Wish I could steal those airdave then I could just hollow out the whole thing and wear all the parts but don't give me any ideas,LOL.