PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Requests

Old 04-26-2015, 02:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Unhappy Classical and up to the sixties Motoryachts and ski boats

I find myself in somewhat of a quandary .
I love boats . All kinds . BUT , I can't seem to find kits of certain ones except the very expensive fibreglass and or wood ones fit for R.C.
I do wish someone would bite the bullet and at least grace us with a few 1/25 scale ski boats from the fifties/sixties .The" Wooden Glory Years " There were so many out there . Now you can't even find a decent one in plastic !
A simple card model ( full Hull of the old 1959 Sea King is a good for instance .An outboard for sure .But the harbinger of a new era in personal family boats ).Then there's the Motoryachts .
I mean The big Chris Crafts and Owens and Trumpy , Higgins and others . One very neat one would be a model of a 65' Grand Banks M.Y.
Boats you could live on ! A waterline model of any of those would be nice .Especially if it is well thought out , laid out and printed well .
There are many I could name But Any would be appreciated .
Same for decent sized cruise and ocean liners . Constant scale and all that . Say 1/250 or 1/350. Please think about it and hear this old man plead . Just one model in paper of a boat or ship I remember in a size I can build ?
Thank You Papersurprise50

Last edited by papersurprise50; 04-26-2015 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Bad Grammer and Punctuation
Google Adsense
Old 04-26-2015, 04:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by papersurprise50 View Post
I love boats . All kinds . BUT , I can't seem to find kits of certain ones except the very expensive fibreglass and or wood ones fit for R.C.
I do wish someone would bite the bullet and at least grace us with a few 1/25 scale ski boats from the fifties/sixties .The" Wooden Glory Years " There were so many out there . Now you can't even find a decent one in plastic !
A simple card model ( full Hull of the old 1959 Sea King is a good for instance .An outboard for sure .But the harbinger of a new era in personal family boats ).Then there's the Motoryachts .
I mean The big Chris Crafts and Owens and Trumpy , Higgins and others . One very neat one would be a model of a 65' Grand Banks M.Y.
Boats you could live on ! A waterline model of any of those would be nice .Especially if it is well thought out , laid out and printed well .
Same for decent sized cruise and ocean liners . Constant scale and all that . Say 1/250 or 1/350. Please think about it and hear this old man plead . Just one model in paper of a boat or ship I remember in a size I can build ?
SHARUNAS is designing the model of ss canberra from the 60s at 1;250 scale but its a work in progress.will be worth waiting for
Old 04-26-2015, 05:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Revell and AMT both had ski boats out in 1/25th plastic. They have been reissued a few times.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:38 AM

Quote:
so far as liners go the best range i have found has been on the scaldis site
Old 04-28-2015, 09:54 AM

Cool Reply to Boats

Quote:
Originally Posted by whulsey View Post
Revell and AMT both had ski boats out in 1/25th plastic. They have been reissued a few times.
Yes they have ,BUT and I make this specific .The AMT model was of a small " speed-Boat " of the fifties that could be built as .
1- A saltbox racer
2 -a single cockpit ski type runabout
3- a dual cockpit ski /cruiser type .
Now the Revell offering was never intended ( in the boat world at least ) to be considered a Ski Boat . It was indeed a model of a high powered " V " drive fast runabout . Which type was an off-shoot of a racing type .
The boats I speak of are types like the Chris - Craft barrelback two cockpit fast runabout made of wood .Then there were the " Cabin Cruisers " of the day .The rich folks had large Motor-yachts more like mansions than boats really .The best example of that is the presidential Yacht " Potomac '
I refer to those that filled the middle ground . Cabin Boats that could be lived on for the week-end or lived on permanently.

Last edited by papersurprise50; 04-28-2015 at 09:56 AM. Reason: punctuation
Google Adsense
Old 04-28-2015, 09:57 AM

Wink Liners ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by herky View Post
so far as liners go the best range i have found has been on the scaldis site
Herky - Could you post a useable link ? Thanks Papersurprise50
Old 04-28-2015, 10:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Papersurprise50, thanks for telling the differences. What little I know on these come from the hot rodding side which basically comes with stuffing the largest motor possible in without hopefully killing yourself running it.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
I think Paper surprise is thinking more along these lines ... Just google "Chris Craft" for lots more.

60 years ago I made this plastic model ...

I set my sights there and then ... until I owned a real one of these, I just hadn't made it to where I wanna be !

Guess what ... I ain't made it yet.

But I sure as hell would love a model of one.

The Plastic kit still comes up on ebay occasionally ... but at really silly prices.

Shoot ... there's one on ebay for £34 ... I'm tempted, but I think not.

Last edited by JohnM; 04-28-2015 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Herky - Could you post a useable link ? Thanks Papersurprise50
HOME

there you go.good range and good service from them also
scaldismodelclub.nl
Old 04-30-2015, 09:44 AM

Unhappy Hi-Per Boats

Quote:
Originally Posted by whulsey View Post
Papersurprise50, thanks for telling the differences. What little I know on these come from the hot rodding side which basically comes with stuffing the largest motor possible in without hopefully killing yourself running it.
Yeah , But , If the boat has the hp. to do skiing , why not ? I had one with a Turboed 427 Ford engine .Trouble is I had to add a splash shield to the rear of the cockpit opening to keep water out when shutting down in a hurry or backing down .Why ? Well the stern deck was only 6" above the water .
Omigosh , it was a heckuva lot of fun though ! Killing oneself , isn't even thought about .Take the case of my neighbor . He tried to emulate my boat with one of his own , Hemi Powered ! He cut behind a barge .The barge was trailing a safety bouy and he got to close , and went airborne after hitting the cable .
Result , he shattered an arm and his wife lost an eye .It took me and my salvage crew two days to bring it up in the middle of the Stockton Ship Channel . No traffic was shut down either .Very interesting indeed !
Google Adsense