PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Requests

Old 07-22-2020, 02:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.96 MB
FASA Ranger Class Scout??

Has anyone done (or aware of) a papercraft model based on the Ranger Class scout from the old FASA Star Trek RPG?

My current campaign is based on one, and I'd love to have a proper model of her (either the original or the refit) to show my players...

Google Adsense
Old 07-28-2020, 12:50 AM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
I have never seen a kit based upon this, but I did know some of the FASA developers and you may be surprised to learn that the engines were configured in some images were upside down due to an editing error, depending upon from which book you got the diagram!!!

You may be able to Kit-bash it from several kits (galaxy, NCC-1701-A, & excelsior).
Old 07-29-2020, 09:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 871.96 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DC View Post
I have never seen a kit based upon this, but I did know some of the FASA developers and you may be surprised to learn that the engines were configured in some images were upside down due to an editing error, depending upon from which book you got the diagram!!!

You may be able to Kit-bash it from several kits (galaxy, NCC-1701-A, & excelsior).
Yeah- I've been fiddle-farting around with various things trying for that kitbash.

I've been a FASA fan since I got the Tactical Combat Simulator game in 1984.

The FASA artwork was always hit-or-miss, IMO.

It was either fantastic or abysmal, with little common ground between.

Still- it was that very nostalgia which set me on the Ranger Class as my campaign setting!
Old 07-31-2020, 11:25 PM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
I think your choice of a shop is good. Less powerful ships make players work harder for wins, and they make players less confident that tech will save them.

I have wished that someone would do a D-10 for years. Someone did a Winged Defender, which was a great craft. The Bright One was never done, shame, and none of the Orion craft, despite their being such nice designs. Even the old Gorn FASA designs were the cleanest, best Gorn ships completed.

I think that the ranger could be cobbled together as a kit bash alot easier than most. Please share, if you attempt it!
Old 08-10-2021, 11:44 PM

Any progress on kit bashing this?