PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Requests

Old 08-12-2009, 07:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
PV-2 Harpoon

Has anyone out there ever seen a good, detailed and somewhat current model of the PV-2 Harpoon? I recently joined a group that works to keep a PV-2 named Hot Stuff flying and I now have the itch to build a model as a tribute. By the way, there are very few of this plane in military markings still flying. If you google images PV-2 most of the images you see will be of the very plane that I help work on (I really hope I get the opportunity to fly in her some day :D). The orginization that I am a part of it at:

amhf.org
Google Adsense
Old 08-12-2009, 10:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
The PV-2 was a beautiful airplane and I would be glad to see a paper model of it.

Don
Old 08-12-2009, 12:02 PM

I've never seen a PV-2 before this time. I agree with Don, It's a really beautiful airplane.
Hmmmmm.....1:32 maybe?
Old 08-12-2009, 04:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
The PV-2/Ventura was an important plane in the Pacific war - it served in both the RAAF and RNZAF. There is an account of an amazing escape from an RNZAF Ventura where the rear gunner survived his aircraft being literally blown to pieces, the rear section with turret glided down from altitude into the sea. Another RNZAF Ventura crew shot down 3 Japanese fighters and claimed 2 probables after being attacked during a bombing mission. There are about 5 surviving Venturas in NZ and Australian museums.

Regards,

Charlie
Old 08-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Cool funky bomber - would make a neat model!
Old 08-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
Oh Yeah! That would be added to the Mt. Fuji of a to build pile I have...........

Sumato!!?? Ken!!??

john

My Drawings
Old 08-13-2009, 05:53 AM

It absolutely is a beautiful plane. It looks even better in the air. I feel honored to be a part of something so significant.

By the way, it was either a PV-1 or PV-2 that discovered the survivors of the USS Indianapolis. I have meet a few of those men and I can assure you they are big fans of this plane!
Old 08-13-2009, 07:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Add my vote to the list of those who'd like to see a paper model of this a/c. Plastic PV-1 kits are available in 1/72nd, but I'd like something bigger, and the PV-2 had quite a few design changes from the PV-1 Ventura.
Spencer- I've seen your group's PV-2; ya'll are to be commended for doing a fantastic job keeping her airborne.

Wyvern
Old 08-13-2009, 11:41 PM

I am putting projects on my to-do list. If you can provide references, it will be easier.

I am finishing up the beta on my 190 f8 cockpit.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:41 AM

Here is what I would love to see: I would love to see someone with some mad design skills design a model of a PV-2 in the colors of the plane that I work with (it has cool nose art). I would than like to build a bunch of the models and make some really nice display cases for them. As we take the plane around to different airshows and events we always set up a merchindise table to help fund the airplane. I would than like to be able to sell the model in the nice display case and use all of the profits for the plane. I could than also promote the hobby of card modeling at the same time. I would include a litte brochure including some info about card modeling, the designer of the models name and this websight for them to get more info and maybe try a model or two themselves. I could absolutely see this happening, I just need to find the right person to devote a little time to design the model (its for a great cause, that person will be directly related in keeping a clasic warbird in the air!)

If you are the right person for this, or know someone who is...lets get together and see what we can come up with.
Google Adsense