PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Requests

Old 08-04-2021, 01:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 396.75 MB
Send a message via ICQ to konguinio871 Send a message via AIM to konguinio871 Send a message via Yahoo to konguinio871 Send a message via Skype™ to konguinio871
Smile convert blender 3d model to paper model

hello i have a 3d model in blender of a ship and i need to convert it into a paper model
Google Adsense
Old 08-05-2021, 05:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 48.92 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to Dane
Could you show us what your model is? Thank you.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 396.75 MB
Send a message via ICQ to konguinio871 Send a message via AIM to konguinio871 Send a message via Yahoo to konguinio871 Send a message via Skype™ to konguinio871
convert blender 3d model to paper model-e9b424d0411b61414b2aad9242b3ee86.jpghello i have a 3d model in blender of a ship and i need to convert it into a paper model
Old 08-06-2021, 07:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
I'm guessing you didn't design this complicated model in Blender?
If you did, you would surely have the skills to understand how to add Blender PlugIns and unfold your designs...

So, I'm assuming that you acquired a Blender 3D model file online or from someone else.

Theres nothing wrong with that...many people share their 3D works online and for free...some designers sell their work.

But...there may be restrictions on how you can use the 3D model (for personal or commercial use)
In most cases you can do whatever you want for private, non-commercial use.
But you still may need permission to modify and/or share the unfolded pattern.

If you plan on retailing a paper model, you will definitely need permissions from the owner/author.
If you plan on sharing the paper model template, you still will need certain permissions.

Go back to the source of the file (where you got it) and check out those restrictions and permissions before you waste your time.

To "unfold" a 3D model in Blender, there are Plug-Ins that need to be installed into Blender.

Why is it that most self proclaimed "designers" want to jump straight to complicated 3D model design and finished paper model designs ...without all the work?
What happened to "start with a pencil and paper, and scratch build your own simple paper model design and learn your way to bigger and better designs"?
I guess its all about the months and years of experience needed to get to the point of being a true designer or artist...
Kids today just don't want to put in the time and effort.