PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Requests

Old 05-01-2023, 07:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 220.71 MB
Screen Accurate Darkstar jet

I wanted to see if anyone knew where to find the Darkstar jet from “Top Gun: Maverick”. I already built the one posted on this site about a year ago, but I was looking for a more screen accurate version. In searching the internet, I found a picture of someone’s paper model that looks great. I tried to contact the person who posted the picture, but they haven’t responded. I wondered if anyone here knew this person and/or where to get the model. I realize it may very well be just a single built version, but they’ve obviously designed something as is visible in the background.
I would appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Just a moment...
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Accurate Darkstar jet-img_3984.jpg  
Old 05-01-2023, 06:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.20 GB
Is it this one?

paperhobby: Lockheed Martin SR-72 "Darkstar" 1:72 from Top Gun 2:Maverick
Old 05-02-2023, 08:58 PM

No, I got that one as a download here on this site. The one Im talking about is this one:
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Accurate Darkstar jet-img_3984.jpg  
Old 05-03-2023, 12:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via ICQ to JamesHax Send a message via AIM to JamesHax Send a message via Yahoo to JamesHax Send a message via Skype™ to JamesHax
Thanks, I've been looking for this for a long time

interesting post
Old 05-07-2023, 06:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 205.11 MB
Gallery : Pepakura Designer

There is this one, that is a pdo. I haven't built it yet, but it did print nice. There isn't a cockpit image.
i wanted to see if I could figure that part out. Anyway, you could try this one.

Dave
Google Adsense
Old 05-08-2023, 06:40 PM

I’ve built that one too. It’s nice, but based entirely on the concept SR-72. The model on Pepakura’s website has only one vertical stabilizer and the engine nacelles protrude too far to the rear. Additionally, the entire wing shape doesn’t match up with the “Darkstar” from the movie.
Old 05-14-2023, 06:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 205.11 MB
I did a Google search and located a site that shows the picture. This design looks alot like Mr. Ojimak's type of work. Upon looking further, the same designer shows a F-5 he has done as the Top Gun Mig 28. I wonder if this person is Mr. Ojimak. I know Mr. Ojimak has the Mig 28 and shows the Darkstar in development. Just a thought.
On another note, the one I showed as a pdo, how did it build? Is there anything you could tell to help in building?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 06-13-2023, 03:57 PM

I've built several of Mr. Ojimaks designs. Overall, I love them, whether they fly or not. In fact I have some I don't want to try to fly because they look so good just sitting in my display case. At any rate, I went to his website and I found the Darkstar as a concept, which has not been released yet, (he has several concept planes that haven't been released yet though he has had the designs for several years now). His version of the Darkstar jet is not the same as the picture I posted, though it is possible that it is his design but he had changed it either before or after the picture was posted which I found and uploaded in my first message in this thread.