PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Requests

Old 06-02-2010, 12:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Okay, okay....you twisted my arm. I'll start on the Japanese version tonight or tomorrow. I am pretty much at a break-time point with the Marek kit I am using for the Aces repaint I have going. Need to build to verify former fit since this is a kit Dave has not worked on. Another repaint of the 109 would be a good break.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Here is a quick attempt to fix the art on the port side of the plane. The angle still is not quite perfect, but it is close enough for me! This is the only thing I have found besides the formers and control panel that needs work, and the only part of the repaint that needs changed. More pictures of the build soon.

Just to keep in mind...I would by a Marek ME-109 Yugo. I know that FG has a great one available, and I have built it, but would also like one from Marek. Also, has anyone mad the 109v prototype? I have pictures. Anyhow...

CT
Attached Thumbnails
USAF or AAC ME-109?-wing.jpg   USAF or AAC ME-109?-me109_yugoslav-px800.jpg   USAF or AAC ME-109?-me-109buckle.jpg   USAF or AAC ME-109?-me-109prototypezrich.jpg   USAF or AAC ME-109?-me-109v1_2.jpg  

USAF or AAC ME-109?-me-109v9.jpg  
Old 06-02-2010, 05:41 PM

So then CT, the art on the port side did end up being too low? Pretty much under the wing faring? Guess I'll have to raise it up fer sure. I did a little building up of the fuselage myself and did have to trim down the control panel by about 1mm around the entire top edge. All other formers and skin parts have fit fine so far. The cockpit tub I trimmed off the white tabs and it fit like a charm.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:25 PM

Yep, pretty much. With the exception of the before mentioned formers, the model seems to build pretty well. The art will need to be raised, shrunk, or added to the fairing. pretty good job though! I am going to finish this on, including a paper pilot, but then I am going to shrink it down to 1/50 scale to fit with my other MEs. Thanks again,
CT
Old 06-02-2010, 07:00 PM

CT, before you re-build it in 1/50 to match your other MEs....let me get you the fixed file first.

I've already adjusted the art (shrank and moved up closer to the canopy) and I am going to adjust the control panel with other formers (B & B1). I am going to try and get as far as at least fitting the wing on tonight so that I can make sure that the wing and/or fairing don't cover the art again . I can probably get it to you by Friday if not tomorrow.
Google Adsense
Old 06-02-2010, 10:06 PM

Alright, here is the new placement. How's it look?

I also fixed the formers B & B1 (if someone will use both) by enlarging them slightly to 104% so that way they can be trimmed down to fit. I then also scaled down the control panel to 97% which I think will allow it to fit now with out bending it. Of course, trimming if needed.

Then I just noticed, that roundel there needs to be rotated slightly clockwise and the starboard side needs to be raised up just a tad.

USAF or AAC ME-109?-img_9986.jpg
Old 06-03-2010, 07:41 AM

Cool! Yep, I noticed the Roundel too and forgot to say something. Looks great!
CT
Old 06-03-2010, 04:30 PM

Thanks CT.

I've sent the updated file to Chris. :D
Old 06-08-2010, 04:30 PM

Here are some more pictures as ythe build slowly goes along! I need more hours in the day. But, working with the 24 I have, I did manage to get some modeling done. This is a couple of shots of the problimatic left wing base. Using Gimp I got I made a quick fix. The new download has this small issue fixed. I hope to have this done soon.
CT
Attached Thumbnails
USAF or AAC ME-109?-pict0008.jpg   USAF or AAC ME-109?-pict0007.jpg   USAF or AAC ME-109?-pict0006.jpg  
Old 06-08-2010, 05:25 PM

Looking good Cory.
Google Adsense