PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 10-09-2007, 02:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Two-Headed Mutant Chicken

And why NOT a two-headed mutant chicken? Makes perfect sense to me. Anyway, here are some shots of the white model prototype.

I wanted to create an organic model using the simplest forms possible. Since I'm still fumbling around trying to learn Blender on my Mac (I have yet been able to figure out how to flatten the shapes I build in Blender into usable flat shapes), I've been forced to design the parts to the chicken by hand and testing them by trail and error. All artwork has been created in Adobe Illustrator.. just like I did with the Kolywopter. To date, I've done several white model builds. And every one showed obviouse problems. However, slowly, the model is coming together.

By far, the most difficult part to design (in my opinion) was the body. I wanted a chunky, simple design that could also support the weight and stress of the wings and heads. I ended up designing a simple interior support structure that slips inside the body before it's sealed up. I am particularly fond of the feet.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Two-Headed Mutant Chicken-chicken3.jpg   Two-Headed Mutant Chicken-body_front.jpg   Two-Headed Mutant Chicken-body_bck.jpg   Two-Headed Mutant Chicken-crazyhead.jpg   Two-Headed Mutant Chicken-serenehead.jpg  

Two-Headed Mutant Chicken-foot.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 10-09-2007, 02:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Amazing. In 1969, I was car-camping with my family across country from Fort Benning, Georgia, to the Presidio of Monterey, taking a long scenic route via National and state parks. Coming up into Arizona from Mexico, we kept seeing signs advertising the "Two-headed Chicken." We decided to see the Chiricahua National Monument instead.

Ever after, the unseen "Two-Headed Chicken" has been a family by-word for an entire class of strange roadside attractions. I'm glad finally to see what the creature would have looked like. Thanks, David -- nice model.

Don B.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:27 PM

Thanks for the kind comments. I will be putting this on my site free for any who care to grab it once it's completed.

David
Old 10-09-2007, 04:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
looks great. I love it - next a jackalope ?
Old 10-09-2007, 07:22 PM

Very artistic designing David!

The detailing with the heads and feathers looks great!

Terry

Terry
Ping-Pong Ball Cannon at: Paper Card Model Ping-Pong Ball Cannon - (eBay item 160163957840 end time Oct-11-07 11:23:41 PDT)

N/Z scale Old West paper models (free samples) at: paperbeam - virtual paper models
Google Adsense
Old 10-10-2007, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbeam View Post
Very artistic designing David!

The detailing with the heads and feathers looks great!

Terry

Terry
Ping-Pong Ball Cannon at: Paper Card Model Ping-Pong Ball Cannon - (eBay item 160163957840 end time Oct-11-07 11:23:41 PDT)

N/Z scale Old West paper models (free samples) at: paperbeam - virtual paper models
I've actually already completed the coloring. Very bright, vivid colors. And I can't wait to get to the mutant chicks! There are three baby chick designs that will accompany this model.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Two-Headed Mutant Chicken-eggs.jpg  
Old 10-10-2007, 02:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
That looks pretty good. So what's next, Timmy's pet turkey from South Park?:D
Old 10-10-2007, 04:57 PM

Reminds me of this one:

http://miketheheadlesschicken.org/photogallery.html

Terry

Old 10-10-2007, 08:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
I really love the stuff you're doing, David. A wonderful way to break loose from a lot of the traditional paper model mentality (not that there's anything wrong with that!). But variety is the spice of life, and I can't wait till you get to doing some of your wonderful vehicle designs as models. Great stuff!
Chris
Old 10-10-2007, 09:52 PM

I wanna make a chicken .. realy i like the different models,the conversation pieces so to speak..there an enjoyable break here and there.
the model looks awsome david
Google Adsense