PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 09-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Glad you like it does the stack reach the ceiling yet?
Chris
Old 09-11-2009, 02:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
LOL - oh my yes! I do not allow myself to count them anymore - down that path lies madness! I can say that if I was 30 years old again and had the collection I have now I would not be done building them all by the time I was 67 (which I will be in a few days...) I need a codicil in my will that all printed paper model material I owned gets donated to the members of papermodelers.com to be distributed as Don Boose deems appropriate.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willja67 View Post
The newest Air and Space Magazine came in the mail yesterday with a Red Tail P-51C on the cover. The article inside was about a airshow going down in less than a month where 100+ P-51's will be in attendance. According to the article the plane on the cover was meticulously researched including interviews with the man who flew the represented aircraft in order to get the markings as authentic as possible.

Edit:

The name on the nose is "Ina The Macon Belle" with the number 72 painted in front of the star and bars. Based on the article if you do this aircraft you shouldn't have any accuracy issues if you use photos of the restored aircraft. It has all the same features as the one in the first post, red and yellow stripes on the nose with a red spinner and red tail w/ yellow stripes on the wings.
"Ina The Macon Belle" from the wikipedia commons
Attached Thumbnails
Tuskegee Airmen P-51C redtail repaint-p-51c-10nt_ina_the_macon_belle.jpg