PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 06-12-2012, 02:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Also going to see if I can work on a some inserts to get a better curve at the stern. Because teh pieces join there it's ended up a bit pointed. Think I need some curved skeleton formers to help
Old 06-13-2012, 04:46 PM

Well, whilst the silicon rubber is setting for my gun moulds, I have finally got around to sorting out the design for the Jamestown paddle boxes. I have altered all the parts to take into account the differences and modifications from the Patrick Henry design. I had considered altering some of the superstructure but have decided to stick with the same 'sister ship' design. The lack of gun ports and the different decoration will make enough difference for my needs. I'd rather spend the design time on other ships rather than altering these on pure guesswork.

Talking of guesswork I have attached a picture of the paddlebox decoration, using a ship design as a nod to Jamestown's nautical roots! Educated guess at what the design actually was?!

Just gotta export the new part sheets and tweek them in my art package and then can start building!
Attached Thumbnails
CSS Patrick Henry and Jamestown.-jamesdouble.jpg   CSS Patrick Henry and Jamestown.-jamesbox.jpg  
Old 06-17-2012, 09:07 AM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
That really looks great!! Can't wait to see more!

Cheers!
Jim
Old 08-17-2012, 03:50 AM

Hi, not had anytime to get model ready for realease, but finally got it made for the first game! Battle of Hampton Roads
Old 09-08-2012, 06:42 AM

Finally found time to make some progress towards getting this ready for release.
I have rearranged the pieces onto 1:250 size 'paper' in sketchup. Will be six pages of parts. Two of these pages are interchangeable as they contain the alternate parts for the Patrick Henry and the Jamestown.
Now 'JUST' got to export them to PSP and texture them, number the parts, cobble some instructions together, stick all that together into a word file and then convert to PDf and upload. Simple!!! :-o
Hopefully will get that all done over the next week. I won't be doing a 1:250 test build but will be releasing it as a free model for you all to play with!
Google Adsense
Old 09-08-2012, 10:23 AM

Awesome! I am looking forward to seeing how you did this one; if the photos are any indication, this is going to be a great looking ship!

What's you next project? Any thought of trying to tackle CSS Alabama, USS Kearsarge, or CSS Florida? I would think with the wonderful experience in making this one those would be a great next project.

Thanks for sharing this with all of us!

Cheers!
Jim
Old 09-08-2012, 11:45 AM

Well i'm looking at building the union gunboat fleet. So whilst i'm waiting for the cairo release and Corey to finish his Tyler I will have a go at designing the Lexington. Alongside building a backlog of models and all the non-paper related modelling and normal life stuff!
Old 09-08-2012, 11:54 AM

Cool!!

Well, I hope you continue to keep us advised, I am looking forward to seeing your current and future projects develop.

Cheers!
Jim
Old 09-09-2012, 04:15 PM

Thansk Jim!

Well came across a problem today. I have pretty much filled the tiny 32GB hard drive on my old laptop. Looks like I'm going to have to go out and by a hardrive to backup it all and free up a huge amount of space so I can carry on working on my models!
Old 09-11-2012, 03:59 AM

I splashed out some cash for a 320gb plug in drive. Quite small compared to the 1Tb and 2Tb ones you can buy but at ten times the size of my hard drive it should last a while! I spent a while transfering files and cleaning up my hard drive and have just left the files on it that are for 'current projects' and this freed up about a 3rd of teh drive so back to design work now!

I've numbered the parts and applied the texture effects so now I have to work on instructions and diagrams! It's been a while since I actually built the models, but I'm hopin I can remember the best build sequence! Unfortunately, not time to do any more this morning as have to get ready for work :-(
Google Adsense