PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 11-28-2011, 06:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 48.15 MB
Okay. Thank you for taking some of your time to help me.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I'm amused at the picture of the propellor 'production line'. All those propellors and, if you look carefully, spokeshaves on the bench and yet not a shaving to be seen!
I like the angle checking devices on the benches; I suppose in effect they are a large freestanding bevel stock as used in wood-working.

Brian
Old 11-30-2011, 10:57 AM

Thumbs up How the Prop Turned Out

I thought you would like to see how it turned out and this is what I'm wanting for the finished product.
Attached Thumbnails
Laminated prop in paper-100_8142.jpg   Laminated prop in paper-100_8143.jpg   Laminated prop in paper-bf109e2oclock.jpg   Laminated prop in paper-800px-messerschmitt_bf_109e4.jpg  
Old 11-30-2011, 02:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Well done. You've got that propeller down better than many. The twist demonstrates the correct principle.

Beautiful original, that one. You can see the twist in the propeller even in the photo were it is actually rotating. Interesting.

Leif
Old 11-30-2011, 02:29 PM

thank you. I'm glad you like it. also I could tell I did it right because it is attached to a toothpick and I twirled it in my fingers and could feel a good draft from it.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:12 PM

Brilliant tutorial; I look forward to trying it myself!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:06 AM

LEIF,whatta a gold mine.Thank you for that tutorial! Now I can do props that look real! papersurprise50
Old 04-19-2012, 04:12 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
You are an artist

Leif, like so many I am a confessed airplane nut. Since I was a kid. I enjoy flying with friends who fly every night for two hours in a flight simulation called IL-2. Most of them are into high end very high detailed plastic models and from these they make dioramas. I’m very new to card modeling and I have been trying to explain what I have seen on this forum and others when it comes to high detail. Up till now they have shown no interest because they paper can’t be high detail. Jr. has been going way ot of way to help me on my Piper Cub so I have been following this string till I got here to your “laminated props in paper". I think I found something that will make there jaw drop. This is the most un-real ting I have seen in the world of card stock. Thank you very much. You are an artist. wc
Old 04-19-2012, 05:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 248.80 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wad Cutter View Post
Leif, like so many I am a confessed airplane nut. Since I was a kid. I enjoy flying with friends who fly every night for two hours in a flight simulation called IL-2. Most of them are into high end very high detailed plastic models and from these they make dioramas. I’m very new to card modeling and I have been trying to explain what I have seen on this forum and others when it comes to high detail. Up till now they have shown no interest because they paper can’t be high detail. Jr. has been going way ot of way to help me on my Piper Cub so I have been following this string till I got here to your “laminated props in paper". I think I found something that will make there jaw drop. This is the most un-real ting I have seen in the world of card stock. Thank you very much. You are an artist. wc
Have you seen the other prop Lief has made...lots easer and looks fantastic!!....Rich Lief's Simplified Laminated Propeller
Old 05-23-2012, 04:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
The simplified prop has now been added to the downloads section. Available here. At the download page you will find percentage figures at which to print for different scales.

This is the original design. Adding improvements discussed in the testbuild thread by Curt (the Ashvilleangler) is highly recommended.

Leif

Last edited by Leif Ohlsson; 05-23-2012 at 05:04 AM.
Google Adsense