Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 03-25-2009, 06:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Siebel Si 204 by Alin Osarik, beta-builders invited-25.jpg

Siebel Si 204 by Alin Osarik, beta-builders invited-26.jpg

That's all for this segment.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
This is an amazing plane, just fun to watch the build.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
Is anyone out there? I had hopes that this string would be a really unique opportunity to provide interchange between designer, beta builderS, and general membership in a single thread.....a chance maybe to see, in one place, different approaches and techniques by multiple builders on a single subject. Apparently not to be, and increasingly becoming a monolog. Is this string becoming a waste of bandwidth?
]
Oh no, not at all. We're all out here - the page views should show that.

This is one of my favourite little airplanes, and was on my medium length " I wanna design one" list.
I'm just following along, and curious about the paint scheme (Blindfliegerschule is my guess from the radio suite and oxygen bottle array), how the Ratier props will be done, the exhaust and really really looking forward to the nose glazing. I just haven't had anything constructive to say.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I am watching with great interest both the build and such discussion as has taken place so far. I haven't had anything to contribute because this level of model building is out of my reach. But, like everything you build, it is a beautiful model to see take shape and it is a great pleasure to watch your virtuoso performance.

I am sure that the master builders will weigh in as construction proceeds.

Please keep building and posting!

Don
Old 03-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Also following with interest, but have as of yet had no comments, other than to compliment designer and builder on a good job so far.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:55 PM

No worries, D, the usual crowd of lurkers is here. I am impressed with both Alin's complex design and level of detail that you are producing. It appears to be a well-designed model and you are making the construction look deceptively easy. Please keep on building and posting!
Old 03-25-2009, 09:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
More of us are lurking than posting. This is an amazing design of a curious and attractive aircraft subject. I am so impressed at how the internal structure is mimicking the actual frames of the aircraft - and it looks like that will continue into the wings too. Almost a shame to cover all this up with skin. Would one consider a cellophane wrapped version?
Old 03-26-2009, 04:03 AM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermodelfan View Post
More of us are lurking than posting. This is an amazing design of a curious and attractive aircraft subject. I am so impressed at how the internal structure is mimicking the actual frames of the aircraft - and it looks like that will continue into the wings too. Almost a shame to cover all this up with skin. Would one consider a cellophane wrapped version?
It definitely leads one to consider a half skinned / half unskinned version. It'd be great for one of those museum displays where passerby's would exclaim often 'that's made of paper'?
Old 03-30-2009, 11:01 AM

Hello

Cockipt will ready behind 3 days.
picture from cockpit project:

Old 03-30-2009, 12:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Oooooooooohhhhh.....lots and lots of fiddly little bits. I'm glad my wife "convinced" me to get the Ott light magnifier attachments that JoAnn's had on sale last weekend. Alin, where do you think would be the best place to place a grain-of-wheat bulb to light the cockpit interior? I'm thinking another trip to the LHS is in order....looking at those frames, I think 1/32 inch plywood would be the best backing for them. Have your researches given you any insight as to where external electrical power would connect to the airplane?