PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 05-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 576.80 MB
battlezone tank

here is a really crappy design i made of the battlezone arcade game tank. can anyone clean it up and make it better plz?
jim
Attached Thumbnails
What would you like to see designed?-battlezone-tank-2-.jpg  
Old 05-14-2011, 10:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I think the dueling armed liners SMS Cap Trafalgar and HMS Carmania would make a nice pair of models.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:55 AM
Banned

the nautilas and tos klingon

here are some pics and my paper model of the klingon. please feel free to clean it up and re-post it, i would like to have a better version to build.
jim
Attached Thumbnails
What would you like to see designed?-nautilas.jpg   What would you like to see designed?-nautilas-1-.jpg   What would you like to see designed?-nautilas-2-.jpg   What would you like to see designed?-tos-klingon-paper-model.jpg   What would you like to see designed?-tos-klingon-paper-model-1-.jpg  

What would you like to see designed?-tos-klingon-paper-model-2-.jpg   What would you like to see designed?-tos-klingon-paper-model-3-.jpg   What would you like to see designed?-kd7-1.jpg   What would you like to see designed?-kd7-2.jpg   What would you like to see designed?-kd7-3.jpg  

Old 05-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceagent-9 View Post
here are some pics and my paper model of the klingon. please feel free to clean it up and re-post it, i would like to have a better version to build.
jim

You did that by hand? I think it's great. It has a certain charm to it. I could run it through Rhino but I don't think it would keep the organic feel yours has. I think that is a really nice model the way it is.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
There are many available model versions of both the US Space Shuttle and the Soviet Buran equivalent, in various scales.
There are a couple of X20 DynaSoar models, and a third in progress of design on this forum.
As X20 was a Space Shuttle predecessor, along with HL10, M2F2 X24 etc, there was a Soviet equivalent in the case of Buran.
This was "Spiral" (aka E150 ?), a product of Mikoyan Gurevich, and others.
However, I have yet to see a model of Spiral anywhere, though I've spent nearly a week online looking for one.
I think it would make for an interesting model, given that one of the few survivors (I think two were manufactured) has recently been restored at Monino.

I'd be very keen to build "Spiral" in 1:72 scale or smaller.

So, with much respect, I'm requesting "Spiral" be designed as a paper model.

Kind and Respectful Regards, Uyraell.
Google Adsense
Old 05-15-2011, 10:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 233.25 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to Inky
I would love to see the X-49 Nightraven designed as a paper model.
Attached Thumbnails
What would you like to see designed?-x49-1.jpg   What would you like to see designed?-x49-2.jpg   What would you like to see designed?-x49-3.jpg   What would you like to see designed?-x49-5.jpg   What would you like to see designed?-x49-8.jpg  

Old 05-15-2011, 11:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Another rare beauty to see as a kit would be the Bristol M1 C Monoplane from 1916.
It was effectively superior to then existing biplane designs, but, being monoplane was in disfavour at the War Dept, and relegated to the Mesopotamian theatre for use against the Turks.
I have always though it an elegant and modern looking design, and one that I believe would translate well to the paper model medium.
I'd gladly build one in 1:72 or smaller scale.

Accordingly, a design request for the Bristol M1 C in 1:72 scale is respectfully suggested/made.

Respectful Regards, Uyraell.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:09 AM
Banned

i forgot to point out that i drew those from blue prints and paintings that are on google image, cutting out each peice and trying to make it work and then drawing it again. i really screwed up on the bottom front bowl though....
and the bridge oval is too thick in the middle. i will have to paint in the glyphs, but it went together so well, that i thought i would just post the prototype here.
i will also have to use dark silver paper or that blue green romulan color.
jim
Old 05-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Banned

Janx's Mig 31 Firefox from the movie "FIREFOX" is now in the download section thanks to Janx, and Rickstef, who put it there. Link Below

PaperModelers.com - Downloads - FireFox Mig 31
Old 05-16-2011, 02:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
Yes, Spiral 50/50 would be ace, so too would be Uragan (nothing yet from Leo's website, i keep looking and hoping)

In progress: Canon Alice in Wonderland Tunnel House, Canon A340, Learning Blender
Google Adsense