PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 07-29-2017, 07:43 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 136.87 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake7 View Post
I sure you could install a small battery powered engine and maybe rc stuff, but I wouldn't know how you could water proof it.
Simply apply several coats of model airplane dope. Also other types of laquers or varnish can be used. There is a video on YouTube telling how to prepare a card model boat made by Schreiber for sailing

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA_RZGmFfVM

It is really not difficult at all. This video also shows how to install radio control etc. It can be followed to modify African Queen for RC. Let's ask Humphrey when he is not drunk if he allow us to do it!!

How big is your model?
Old 07-29-2017, 08:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.05 GB
Post#14 in this thread.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:55 PM

Found some time to work on the engine. Keep in mind this build of the engine is to see what needs modified, resized, or redesigned. When the ink I ordered comes I will rebuild the engine, and then rebuild the whole model. I think I will change the two whistles to tubes instead of flat. I sat the engine in the boat to see how it will look. I still have a little more yet to build on the engine including redoing the whistles. Hope you like it so far.
Attached Thumbnails
The African Queen full hull version-57.jpg   The African Queen full hull version-58.jpg   The African Queen full hull version-59.jpg   The African Queen full hull version-60.jpg   The African Queen full hull version-61.jpg  

Old 08-09-2017, 07:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake7 View Post
Found some time to work on the engine. Keep in mind this build of the engine is to see what needs modified, resized, or redesigned. When the ink I ordered comes I will rebuild the engine, and then rebuild the whole model. I think I will change the two whistles to tubes instead of flat. I sat the engine in the boat to see how it will look. I still have a little more yet to build on the engine including redoing the whistles. Hope you like it so far.
Of course we like it, It is coming out beautiful. I was wondering how your work was going and I am extremely happy you are doing so well. This model deserves a special place since it has never been done in paper, Can't wait to build mine!! I like the small details you include. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 426.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
34B-22-33 are measurments for a female body. Somebody being clever.

I have seen references to the boat African Queen being either 30 feet long which would make a 9 in long model 1/40 in scale, or 28 feet long which would make it 1/37 in scale.
Maybe they mean 28 feet at the waterline and 30 feet total?
Google Adsense
Old 08-09-2017, 07:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
There was no mention if they meant LWL or LOA.
If you add the torpedo sticking out of the front that would be some more length to contend with.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 29.59 MB
Very nice! Good detail. I can hear the steam engine chugging in my head
Old 08-10-2017, 07:24 AM

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I should get my ink today. It is the refill kit. I usually just buy cartridges, so crossing my fingers that I can refill my cartridges.
Attached Thumbnails
The African Queen full hull version-s-l400.jpg  
Old 08-10-2017, 07:34 AM
Banned

Good luck and looking forward to build my African Queen and organise a special presentation of the DVD movie with my friends AND your beautiful model.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:03 PM

I finished the engine, and changed some things on the templates. Now that I got my ink working it is time to rebuild the engine. This will let me know if I can build it last or when I build the lower deck.
Attached Thumbnails
The African Queen full hull version-62.jpg   The African Queen full hull version-63.jpg   The African Queen full hull version-64.jpg   The African Queen full hull version-65.jpg   The African Queen full hull version-66.jpg  

The African Queen full hull version-67.jpg  
Google Adsense