PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 08-31-2020, 07:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
Fantastic, Beautiful Tell Mr. Cor he is doing a really fantastic job. Hope it will have good, precise, step by step instructions, not like other beautiful models that include very poor instructions and the assembly becomes guesswork.
Old 08-31-2020, 09:02 AM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petestein View Post
Fantastic, Beautiful Tell Mr. Cor he is doing a really fantastic job. Hope it will have good, precise, step by step instructions, not like other beautiful models that include very poor instructions and the assembly becomes guesswork.
I have attached a picture showing the instruction diagrams drawn by Cor for a segment of the Eastern Scheldt Storm Surge Barrier, one of the more involved kits from Paper Trade to give you an example of what to expect.
Attached Thumbnails
Douglas DC-4 / C-54 for Paper Trade: Berlin Airlift.-20200831_102923.jpg  
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 08-31-2020, 01:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 264.09 MB
Wonderfull!
The only thing that I am looking at is the angle of the windshield, it seems a bit too vertical, or is that an artifact of the photo?
Old 09-03-2020, 04:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
angle

Quote:
Originally Posted by scon10 View Post
Wonderfull!
The only thing that I am looking at is the angle of the windshield, it seems a bit too vertical, or is that an artifact of the photo?
We had exactly the same 'problem' with the windscreen of the Santa Fé F7A locomotive! It is indeed a trick of the camera. It will be perfect once you have built the model!
Further progress: Cor is now working on lettering and logo's, but landing gear still to go.
Old 09-03-2020, 05:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 264.09 MB
Good, I hoped it was. Good luck with the progress on this model.
Google Adsense
Old 09-03-2020, 09:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
I remember the discussion about the F7A wind screen! .

Nice progress on the design.

Erik
Old 09-03-2020, 12:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diderick A. den Bakker View Post
We had exactly the same 'problem' with the windscreen of the Santa Fé F7A locomotive! It is indeed a trick of the camera. It will be perfect once you have built the model!
Further progress: Cor is now working on lettering and logo's, but landing gear still to go.
As someone who has watched many scale manufacturers get the windshield contours right, almost right, and completely wrong, I can confidently say the lower edges of the F7 windshields are incorrect. Not by a large margin, but certainly enough to be noticable.

No trick of the camera at all.

Having said that, it should be a simple matter for the modeler to make the necessary corrections.
Old 09-03-2020, 03:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoti View Post
As someone who has watched many scale manufacturers get the windshield contours right, almost right, and completely wrong, I can confidently say the lower edges of the F7 windshields are incorrect. Not by a large margin, but certainly enough to be noticable.

No trick of the camera at all.

Having said that, it should be a simple matter for the modeler to make the necessary corrections.
If you are right, we can only conclude that designer Cor has made exactly the same mistake twice. What a coincidence! And of course a serious mistake! I wonder how many modelers will now decide not to build this model?
But for this model it is not too late - perhaps sgoti can send us super detailed drawings of the nose of the DC-4 to prove his point, so we can correct it before printing?
And by the way: almost 150 people bought the F7A, and I have not had any comment so far.
Old 09-03-2020, 04:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diderick A. den Bakker View Post
If you are right, we can only conclude that designer Cor has made exactly the same mistake twice. What a coincidence! And of course a serious mistake! I wonder how many modelers will now decide not to build this model?
But for this model it is not too late - perhaps sgoti can send us super detailed drawings of the nose of the DC-4 to prove his point, so we can correct it before printing?
And by the way: almost 150 people bought the F7A, and I have not had any comment so far.
I do not know why you take this as a personal attack.

I have been a train enthusiast and model railroader for over 40 years. I also have the advantage of having grown up in Colorado with D&RGW #5771 practically in my back yard. That locomotive is now on display at the Colorado railroad museum.

Additionally, one or two F units are running on the Canyon City and Royal Gorge railroad south of me

All thatto explain the advantage I have that you and Cor didn't have- repeated, up close and personal exposure to these locomotives.

I have, as you put it another time, expert knowledge of the subject.

I made *no* comment regarding the DC4, I do not know why you took it as such.

I seem to recall you referring to the information I provided initially for your coach (now sleeping car) as "too little, too late". Yet you still used drawings from one of the links I provided.

I have no detailed drawings of the DC4, but rest assured I would not be sharing them with you based on how poorly you respond to my critiques.

Perhaps if others did see the error (again, minor, but noticeable when you are familiar with the subject) they felt they would receive a similar response?
Old 09-03-2020, 04:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
Stop arguing. These discussions are no good for the hobby. We are all friends here. Who made a mistake with the windshield? I imagine it is not a bad issue that will ruin this DC-4, which is going to be perhaps the best and most detailed card model airplane ever designed. This is not the first model designed by Cor and I'm sure he thoroughly checks his information before proceeding to design a model.
Google Adsense