PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 06-20-2022, 01:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Simply put, when an entity takes legal measures to protect their IP they probably have a very good reason for doing so, a lot of entities take NO measures to protect their IP such as trademarks or copyrights, that stuff is, "fair game" because it's not legally protected.

As previously stated, I would only advocate that a designer avoid using protected IP if possible because designing paper models is fun and it's even more fun when you know that you've avoided any potential headaches.

Some international entities are more protective than others, I would only suggest that you, "tread lightly" because not everything you see is, "fair use" and you shouldn't assume that it is.

With that being said, I would say "Design on!"... (the world needs more paper models!)

Me personally?, I am in constant communication with every entity that I approach before I even begin, I prefer not to use protected IP without their expressed consent.

As a matter of fact, I avoid protected IP and, "move on" if it can't be avoided because it's just not worth the hassle.

I've found it beneficial to gain their full support as they may then provide resources and reference materials as well as potential outlets that might not otherwise be available, worth the initial outreach and more than likely they will appreciate the consideration whether they choose to comply or not but at least you will know where you stand rather than just, "shooting in the dark", and, "hoping for the best".

I'm not singling out this specific application but see it as an opportunity to broach a very important issue that deserves consideration always as it is a matter of, "self-preservation" for the designer.

Take it or leave makes no difference to me as long as I don't have to do it I'm okay with it! (enjoy!)

Last edited by FRD; 06-20-2022 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-21-2022, 01:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.81 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRD View Post
Simply put, when an entity takes legal measures to protect their IP they probably have a very good reason for doing so, a lot of entities take NO measures to protect their IP such as trademarks or copyrights, that stuff is, "fair game" because it's not legally protected.

As previously stated, I would only advocate that a designer avoid using protected IP if possible because designing paper models is fun and it's even more fun when you know that you've avoided any potential headaches.

Some international entities are more protective than others, I would only suggest that you, "tread lightly" because not everything you see is, "fair use" and you shouldn't assume that it is.

With that being said, I would say "Design on!"... (the world needs more paper models!)

Me personally?, I am in constant communication with every entity that I approach before I even begin, I prefer not to use protected IP without their expressed consent.

As a matter of fact, I avoid protected IP and, "move on" if it can't be avoided because it's just not worth the hassle.

I've found it beneficial to gain their full support as they may then provide resources and reference materials as well as potential outlets that might not otherwise be available, worth the initial outreach and more than likely they will appreciate the consideration whether they choose to comply or not but at least you will know where you stand rather than just, "shooting in the dark", and, "hoping for the best".

I'm not singling out this specific application but see it as an opportunity to broach a very important issue that deserves consideration always as it is a matter of, "self-preservation" for the designer.

Take it or leave makes no difference to me as long as I don't have to do it I'm okay with it! (enjoy!)
I sent them an email
Old 06-25-2022, 12:29 PM

Almost finished now...
Attached Thumbnails
Carnival cruise ships-screenshot-1058-.jpg  
Old 07-07-2022, 09:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marterair View Post
Almost finished now...
I will post soon a new thread of a beta built version of the Pride referencing this design.

I'll provide the new link then.

Isaac
Old 07-08-2022, 09:39 AM

Cool Pride beta build link

I started a new thread for the beta build of the Pride.

here it is :

Carnival Pride-beta build 1-600 scale - PaperModelers.com

and just to whet your appetite, here is the finished model.
Carnival cruise ships-img_7666.jpgCarnival cruise ships-img_7667.jpg

Please follow the build the build thread

Isaac
Google Adsense
Old 07-08-2022, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
I started a new thread for the beta build of the Pride.

here it is :

Carnival Pride-beta build 1-600 scale - PaperModelers.com

and just to whet your appetite, here is the finished model.
Attachment 477175Attachment 477176

Please follow the build the build thread

Isaac
Thank you for building Isaac, i appreciate it!
Old 07-08-2022, 05:59 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marterair View Post
Thank you for building Isaac, i appreciate it!
You are most welcome.

Good luck with the finished product. I am sure people would love to built this model with Pride

Isaac
Old 07-23-2022, 08:05 AM

Carnival pride will be available on my Facebook store very soon.
I decided to redesign my carnival holiday, this time i think i did it justice haha
Attached Thumbnails
Carnival cruise ships-screenshot-1031-.jpg