PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Designers Corner > Design Threads

Old 10-06-2022, 09:41 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Guns

Okay, I attended a meeting on the ship this morning, having got there a half hour early I had time to photograph the inside of Gun Mount 52, these will come in handy should I eventually choose to model the interior of the turret for future animations.
Attached Thumbnails
DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-img_20221006_082551114.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-img_20221006_082556902.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-img_20221006_082601690.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-img_20221006_082603418.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-img_20221006_082606632.jpg  

Old 10-30-2022, 04:34 PM

Capstan

Better late than never, when I first began detailing the Fantail I thought it was going to be a, "cake-walk" or if you prefer, a, "piece of cake", I was certainly mistaken!

The Line Capstan is actually a fairly complex piece of machinery and having "many moving parts" it took twice as long as I initially thought it would.

Still a few minor details to add but it is pretty much done.

Keep in mind that the coloration or "textures" that you see are "generic" specifically for expediting the progress as the primary objective is to get the model done ASAP and photo-realistic textures require a great amount of time that I currently don't have.

However, when the model is done I can then go back and add photo-realistic textures as any animation may require.

Since this capstan has "many moving parts" they all have potential for animation, the Fan Fare is next and the first deck will then be 99% complete with a few incidentals to be added when time allows.

I've included the "wire-frame" model that I work on during the week, rendering on weekends to detect any errors that may not be apparent when working with the wire-frame.

Yes, I know, "what has this got to do with paper models?" and yes, I'm getting there but I first have to complete the CGI model (stay tuned)

And another 30 video has been added to the channel->
Attached Thumbnails
DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-orleck-temp0107.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-orleck-temp0108.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-orleck-temp0110.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-orleck-temp0111.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-orleck-temp0112.jpg  

Old 10-30-2022, 04:35 PM

The YouTube link I forgot to post, here it is-> YouTube
Old 10-31-2022, 07:50 AM

I wi'll actually design THREE models for the museum, the first will be a very simple model geared toward the, "novice" having less than 100 parts, the second will be a MUCH more advanced model specifically for the "enthusiest" it will be highly detailed, in a much larger scale and have significantly more parts, the third model will be of the DASH Drone and will also be complex and highly detailed.

I will be working for the museum for quite some time as they also want me to provide animations as needed.
Old 10-31-2022, 04:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.15 MB
It will be fun to see the two models together!
Kurt
Google Adsense
Old 11-19-2022, 06:36 AM

Nixie

Okay, I got the Nixie done in, "record time" just need to do the shield and a few "incidental" details on the fantail and the first deck is done.

The Nixie would deploy two tow behind, electronic "decoys" to attract enemy torpedoes away from the ship.

I can now do the stairs and move up a deck on detailing.

Another 30 second animation has been added here->

Nixie - YouTube

The entire playlist is here->

DD 886 - YouTube
Attached Thumbnails
DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-orleck-temp00114.jpeg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-orleck-temp0116.jpeg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-orleck-temp0117.jpeg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-orleck-temp0118.jpeg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-orleck-temp0119.jpeg  

Old 11-26-2022, 09:21 AM

I finally completed 99% of the first deck other than, "incidental" details that can be added later as time or need provides.

The 30 second, finished fantail video can be found here->
Fantail - YouTube
Old 11-27-2022, 07:55 AM

I've got a date, Dec. 1 to go onboard to photograph the recently placed, fully restored drone, while there I've secured access to the ASROC control center, this will be my third time photographing it as the first two times were unsuccessful and provided limited reference material.

And, they recently installed a dozen, "sound tracks" motion detecting at various points of interest to create an, "immersive experience", I work with the team who did it so I'm really looking forward to assessing it for myself.
Old 12-01-2022, 10:18 AM

ASROC Control

Okay, I'm glad that's done, photographed the ASROC control center EARLY this morning, this little structure is, "blast proof" being so close to the rockets, the drone is still disassembled and in a restrictive area temporarily, I could only get a few photos for now until it's reassembled and displayed. (I'll go back)

I would like to animate the ASROC as viewed from inside the control center.

I've minimized these photos
Attached Thumbnails
DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-01.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-02.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-03.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-04.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-05.jpg  

DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-06.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-07.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-08.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-09.jpg   DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-10.jpg  

Old 12-07-2022, 07:27 AM

Photo-realistic texturing

So I just got this last night, sent to me by my animation and texturing "Guru" who is specifically working on the drone.

This is an example of what is to come, it's the completed engine, you have to look VERY, VERY closely at this image to determine that it is, "virtual" and not real, he will now begin animating it.
Attached Thumbnails
DD 886 u.s.s. Orleck design process-1206-1.jpg